Miami-Dade County has opened parks, marinas and golf courses.
You’re probably already imagining yourself getting out there in the fresh air or roaming around with the kids.
But be forewarned: There will be rules to follow. It will not be business as usual.
For example, if you choose to venture out to use any of these county amenities, you must continue to practice social distancing. These measures are here to stay for the time being.
Not sure about something? Check out the county site: miamidade.gov/newnormal.
The county’s do’s and don’ts
So, what kind of rules are we talking about? Here are others to keep in mind, according to the county’s emergency order:
- Playgrounds and exercise equipment will stay closed.
- Team sports will be prohibited at parks. Only singles tennis may be allowed.
- No groups of 10 or more will be allowed to congregate.
- Parks staff may limit the number of people using trails, paths, fields or courts.
- Visitors must use facial coverings. Exceptions include children younger than 2, people who have chronic breathing issues, or those engaged in strenuous physical activity.
- Boats must stay 50 feet apart in the waterways.
- Landings and anchoring at a sandbar is prohibited.
- Golfers will be allowed to go out on carts, but they must do so on their own, without caddies.
- Golfers can’t use locker rooms or bag storage areas.
For more detailed explanations of the county’s do’s and don’ts, click here.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter.
Which parks, marinas are we talking about?
You should also keep in mind that we’re talking about county amenities ONLY. Cities are making their decisions separately, and these may not coincide with the county.
Do you know which of your area parks are county-run?
Here’s a small sampling of Miami-Dade County amenities:
Crandon Park, 6747 Crandon Blvd., Miami
Greynolds Park, 16700 Biscayne Blvd., North Miami Beach
Haulover Beach Park, 10800 Collins Ave., Miami
Homestead Bayfront Park, 9698 N. Canal Drive
Gwen Cherry Park, 7090 NW 22nd Ave., Miami
Miller Drive Park, 5510 SW 94th Court, Miami
North Trail Park, 780 NW 127th Ave., Miami
South Dade Park, 28151 SW 164th Ave, Miami
Herbert Hoover Marina, 9698 SW 328th St, Homestead
Bill Bird Marina, 10800 Collins Ave., Miami
Briar Bay Golf Course, 9399 SW 134th St., Miami
Palmetto Golf Course, 9300 Coral Reef Drive, Miami
Can’t find the spot you’re looking for? Search for your particular area of interest in Miami-Dade County’s Park and Marina Directory by clicking here.
Get more parks and recreation information by clicking here.
More Useful Resources
- Free food distributions in South Florida
- Restaurant & retail gift card deals for 2021
- Free employment resources & recruitment events for Florida residents
- Free food-distribution events & food-drive drop-off information
- Free spay/neuter services for Miami-Dade pets
- Where to get a COVID vaccine in Miami-Dade
- Register for free library e-card for lots of online resources
- Check out Miami On The Cheap’s special coupons page
- Inexpensive rabies vaccines for pets
- Libraries offer drive-up & walk-up opportunities