Miami-Dade County Parks are a great place to take in nature, attend a camp, play sports and so such more and this weekend they’re celebrating 90 years of providing that fun with a free Day in the Park celebration, March 2 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at parks throughout Miami-Dade.
Here’s where you can go to partake in the festivities:
Crandon Park, 6747 Crandon Blvd, Miami – Lot#4
Activities will take place at open space between Amusement Area and Crandon Gardens, and include:
- Volunteer beach clean-up, 9 a.m.-noon
- Nature walks and a scavenger hunt, courtesy of EcoAdventures, games, carousel rides, roller-skating rink (bring your skates), music and prizes (while supplies last).
- Discounted chair and umbrella rentals, courtesy of Lighthouse Watersport Rentals.
Greynolds Park, 16700 Biscayne Blvd., North Miami Beach (East Greynolds Park)
- Food truck vendors, courtesy of Miami Food Truck Events
- Park history display
- Canoe tours, nature walks and a fishing clinic by EcoAdventures along with nature-based games and activities, popcorn, snow-cones and music
- Discounted kayak rentals courtesy of Al Fresco Fun
- Agility course for dogs courtesy of Bauser’s Pet Training
Haulover Beach Park, 10800 Collins Ave., Miami (Bill Bird Marina entrance)
Activities will take place at the kite field (marina parking lot area) and include:
- Food truck vendors courtesy of Miami Food Truck Events
- Sea turtle display and activities with EcoAdventures
- Free! Music, a bounce house, games, popcorn, snow cones; and kids’ activities, courtesy of Miami Kids Collective.
- Electric bike demos and discounted rentals, courtesy of Electribike
- Discounted kites by Skyward Kites
Parking: free (at event area)
Homestead Bayfront Park, 9698 North Canal Drive, Homestead
Activities will take place at the Atoll pool and include:
- Discounted kayak, canoe and bike rentals
- DJ, live performances and a bounce house.
- Discounted food at La Playa Grill