The Centro Cultural Español in Miami (CCEMiami) will celebrates International Book Day with “Cervantes in Miami” free activities for kids and adults on Saturday, April 22, and Sunday, April 23, 2017.
Here is the schedule of free events:
Saturday, April 22
- 11 a.m. Books Market by Altamira Library (all day)
- 11 a.m. Free Manchego cheese courtesy of Deliberico.
- 11 a.m. Kids literature award ceremony organized in collaboration with Miami Dade County Public Schools, the Education Office for the Consulate General of Spain in Miami and Foundation Cuatrogatos.
- 11:30 pm. Theater, music and dance performances organized by Miami Dade County Public Schools. appearing will be Laura Parr Elementary students in “Estampas de Iberoamerica”; Shenandoah Middle students in Fina Escayola presenta “Bailes flamencos” and ISPA (high school) students in “Las aceitunas” de Lope de Rueda.
- 12:30 p.m. Peña infantil: Locos y Bajitos. Kids workshop organized by Andres Pi Andreu.
- 2:30 p.m. Storyteller in collaboration with Foundation Cuatrogatos.
- 3:30 p.m. “El libro del encanto tiene cuentos y cantos.” Music performance for kids, with five short plays and five songs done by puppets and actors.
- 7 p.m. Guitar Concert by Hebe Lozano and Ana Lilian Báez.
Sunday, April 23
- 4 p.m. Literary Workshop in collaboration with Miami Book Fair and organized by Pedro Molina.
Admission is free to all those activities.
The CCE also is offering acting workshops for kids, for a fee, and is opening a new season of its Microtheater plays in shipping containers, with admission to each short play $5.