More than 100 Miami arts and culture organizations, under the umbrella name of the Miami DDA Community Arts Village, will be showcasing their upcoming 2018-2019 season during Arts Launch at the Adrienne Arsht Center’s Ziff Ballet Opera House Stage.
The venue will be open to all for free from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 8, for the event. Arrive early because some events will close once they are at capacity.
This means there will be free live performances all day for the family to enjoy:
- Live musical performances by Locos por Juana, Jahfe and DJ Kumi to close out the day
- Broadway demos, dance workshops, and an entire lineup family-friendly festivities.
- Tour the entire Arsht Center campus, experience culinary demos by BRAVA by Brad Kilgore, or just wind down at the Food Caravan Boulevard and Sweet Street filled with some of Miami’s favorite bites.
- Be among the first to snag tickets to The Arsht Center’s upcoming season with no handling fees*, or stay for the explosive after party jam
- Over 170 Shows On Sale*
- $5 Parking available in Lot C
- A Kids’ Silent Disco Party
- Chef & Mixology Demonstrations – click here to RSVP
- A Family Kid Zone on the Thomson Plaza
- Broadway Workshops and Mini-Performances
- An Evening After Party with Live Music on the Thomson Plaza with the above named live performers
Here are details on the many food options happening at ArtsLaunch:
- Farmers Market (10 a.m. to 2 p.m.), The Café at Books & Books (10 a.m. to 9 p.m.) –
Florida-grown seasonal fruits and vegetables, meats, prepared food and beverages will be available for purchase at the Arsht Center’s Farmers Market. The Café at Books & Books will be open for dining to all guests. Reservations are encouraged.
- Pop-Ups and Concessions* – Starting at 10 a.m.
- Pasta Pop-Up – BRAVA by Brad Kilgore’s Porcini Campanelle pasta dish. Optional pairings include wine selections from Treasury Wines.
- Burger Depot – BRAVA’s famous gourmet burger. Optional pairings include Bacardi Traditional, Summer Blueberry or Strawberry Mojitos.
- Sicilian Pizza Station – Pizza pies. Optional pairing is Pommery POP, the official champagne of the Arsht Center.
- MadLab Creamery – Pastry chef Soraya Kilgore will offer a variety of delectable and unique creamy delights direct from Design District outpost.
- Concession Stations will be offering a selection of hand-crafted sandwiches, popcorn, candy, chips, gourmet cheese, water, sodas, juices and a full liquor bar. All items will be available for purchase.
*Pop-ups and concessions will be located throughout the Arsht Center campus and items will be available for purchase starting at 10 a.m.
- Chef Demonstrations – 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
Enjoy light tastings from the Center’s on-site restaurant, BRAVA By Brad Kilgore, during two chef demonstrations. James Beard Award semifinalist Chef Brad Kilgore will demonstrate the culinary skills responsible that made BRAVA By Brad Kilgore one of Miami’s hottest restaurants! Each chef demonstration lasts approximately 20-30 minutes. RSVP here, however entrance is not guaranteed due to limited capacity (first come, first admitted).
- A Taste of BRAVA – Noon to 2:30 p.m.
Foodies can enjoy a selection of small plates at BRAVA by Brad Kilgore. Menu items available for purchase include an Eggplant Parmesan Tartlet, Beef Wellington, Crab Risotto, Tiramisu and more.
- Culturist Bacardi Hour – 1 p.m. and 4 p.m.
Guests will experience the best of the Arsht Center with an interactive and informational behind-the-scenes look at the Center’s Culturist membership program inside the Ziff Ballet Opera House Patrons Club. Limited capacity (first come, first admitted).
Click here for a list of the organizations participating or for more info.
*No handling fees on single tickets purchased in-person at the box office on Sep 8, 2017. Restrictions apply. The box office will be open from 10 am to 7 pm. **All guests entering the premises will be subject to bag check. Click here for a list of prohibited items.