Film buffs, you know the Sundance Film Festival is the premier event to catch potential Oscar-nominated films first. Academy Award winners Wes Anderson and Taika Waititi (“JoJo Rabbit”) are just two directors who gained notoriety at Sundance.
Now’s your chance to watch a half-dozen shorts from the Sundance Film Festival.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter and visit our Facebook group page
It’s all thanks to Coral Gables Art Cinema, and its 2020 Sundance Film Festival Shorts Tour. You can choose to binge-watch all six, or take your time over a week. The cost is only $10.
Watch on your computer, tablet, mobile device, Google Chromecast or Smart TV. Click here for info on how to stream.
The virtual edition of the tour features six short films, totaling 82 minutes. The shorts are by national and international filmmakers and include fiction, documentary and animation.
Here’s the line-up:
- Benevolent Ba by American Director Diffan Sina Norman
- Hot Flash by Canadian Director Thea Hollatz
- The Deepest Hole by American Director Matt McCormick
- Meats by American Director Ashley Williams
- T by American Director Keisha Rae Witherspoon
- So What if the Goats Die by French director Sofia Alaoui
We’re not giving away the synopsis.Click here to read about each of the films.
You also can watch plenty of other films offered through other Miami arthouse cinemas. Click here for more info.
If you prefer to watch movies live, drive-ins are now all the rage in Miami. There are always new venues popping up around town. Click here to see where.
- Free & cheap things to do this weekend in Miami
- Discounted prices at Vizcaya Museum & Gardens
- Fairchild’s ‘Dog Dates at the Garden’: 1 session left!
- Art aficionados: View live painting sessions at Shops at Merrick Park
- Free and cheap Halloween events in Miami
- Miami music: Where to go for free concert livestreams
- Zoo Miami’s open again! Stroll the wide open spaces
- Summer Savings Pass 2020: 4 attractions for 1 price – UPDATED
- What’s open in Miami? Check status here
- #DidYouKnow Miami has a planes museum? Learn more!