St. Patrick’s Day on March 17, 2022, is an occasion for parades, festivals and other fun events. So, pull out your favorite emerald apparel and delight in the festive vibe that’s expected to take over South Florida!
We’ve gathered events scheduled throughout the month in Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade, for you to save the date and make your plans. As always, we recommend you check ahead of time to confirm whether the events are going forward as planned. Also keep in mind that not all St. Patrick’s-related activities take place on March 17 (pay close attention to the dates of events).
Keep checking back here, as we continue to update this roundup!
Palm Beach County
West Palm Beach
- West Palm’s ‘dancing’ water fountain puts on free Shamrock’n Shows, fountain show with music & lights, evenings in March @ Centennial Fountain, 150 North Clematis Street, free entry, website;
- March 17 outdoor event features Bay Kings Band & roving entertainment including jugglers & magic, 200 block of Clematis Street, free entry, website
- St. Patrick’s Day at Lilo’s Streetfood & Bar, 701 Lake Avenue, Lake Worth, 5 p.m. – 2 a.m., information is online
- St. Patrick’s Day Parade 6:30 p.m. March 17 on Lake Avenue, Lake Worth Beach
The website for Palm Beach tourism offers information on St. Patrick’s Day festivities, including events at pubs and restaurants.
Examples from the tourism website include
Tim Finnegans Irish Pub, Delray Beach
“Enjoy authentic Irish cuisine, a perfectly poured Guinness, a vast selection of Irish whiskey, and live entertainment on the weekends at Tim Finnegans Irish Pub in Delray Beach. On March 17, join Tim Finnegans’ team for their St. Patrick’s Day party. The lineup includes live music with Kathy Durkin & Richie Hayes at 1 pm, Irish Dancers from Aramore Dance Academy at 4 pm, and Bangers N’ Mash at 5 pm.”
St. Patrick’s Day at The Paddock, West Palm Beach
“The Paddock Restaurant at the Palm Beach Kennel Club is organizing a special St. Patrick’s Day celebration on March 17, starting at 5.30 pm. Enjoy their all-you-can-eat Irish buffet (price $30) featuring Ireland’s favorite dishes. Buffet Items include corned beef and cabbage, Irish bangers and mash, potatoes, shepards pie, soda bread, and more! (Non-alcoholic drinks included).
· Irish music by Hugh O’Neill (5.30 pm-9.30 pm)
· The Tir Na Greine Dancers (6.45 pm),”
- St. Patrick’s Day Riverfront Party after 4 p.m. to about 12 a.m. St. Patrick’s Day @ Wharf Fort Lauderdale, 20 W. Las Olas Blvd., ,Fort Lauderdale. Includes live entertainment. Free Guinness when you buy a shot of Jameson. After 6 p.m., venue is for ages 23 & older for out-of-state patrons and 21 and older for Florida residents, website
- Tarpon River Brewing, 280 SW 6th St., Fort Lauderdale is offering Irish fare. At 7 p.m., the venue features trivia fun. It’s free to play.
- Legends Tavern restaurants in Plantation, Pompano Beach, Lighthouse Point, Deerfield & Sunrise are offering drink deals & Irish fare.
(Photo courtesy of SWARM Media)
SWARM is bringing back its popular St. Pat’s Wynwood festival to Wynwood Marketplace, 2250 NW 2 Ave., on Thursday, March 17.
Festival goers will enjoy live music, DJ sets, green beer, Tullamore DEW specials and more. St. Pat’s Wynwood will feature Instagrammable moments with green-themed everything and photo opportunities throughout. Attendees will have the chance to jump into the pot to win two free green beer tickets. Guests who dress up in green will win a free drink ticket.
The event is free and open to all ages and the public. Admission is free. RSVP online.
A St. Patty’s Day Bash is set for 7 p.m. Thursday, March 17, at The Doral Yard, 8455 NW 53rd St. Of course, wearing green is encouraged!
Enjoy free shots of Jameson, food specials, green beer at Barbakoa, and live music by Brothers of Others. Admission is free. Information is available online.
The St. Patrick’s Day Riverside Festival at The Wharf Miami is back with a shamrockin’ good time on the Miami River! Starting at 4 p.m. enjoy live entertainment, live music, drink specials, and more. Make sure to wear your best green outfit. Enjoy a complimentary Guinness when you buy a shot of Jameson all day.
Admission is free. RSVP online.
Time to get lucky at Tobacco Road by Kush, 650 South Miami Ave.! Kick start St. Patrick’s Day with drink specials and live music from 4 p.m. to midnight on March 17.
Drink specials include: $5 Green PBR Beer, $6 Guinness, $6 Tullamore Due Shots, $8 Irish Mules, and $9 Irish Car Bomb. Admission is free. More information available online.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, or visit our Facebook group page.
Krispy Kreme: Free doughnuts for St. Patrick’s Day
This St. Patrick’s Day, Krispy Kreme doughnuts are the real pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
Customers will discover that the shop’s new St. Patrick’s Day collection of doughnuts are “good as gold.”
Even luckier, on March 16-17, 2022, Krispy Kreme will bring back its fan-favorite O’riginal Glazed Doughnut!
Find all the details about Krispy Kreme’s St. Patrick’s Day specials by clicking here.
Delray Beach St. Patrick’s Day Parade & Festival is set for Saturday, March 12, featuring live entertainment and other green-themed fun. The parade starts at noon along Atlantic Avenue, west from the Intracoastal Waterway to Northwest Fifth Avenue. Then, the festival portion is from 1-7 p.m. at Old School Square, 51 N. Swinton Ave. Expect live entertainment, vendors, and pipes and drums. Entry is free. Information is available online.
Free St. Patrick’s Day Parade & Festival in downtown Fort Lauderdale has also been scheduled for Saturday, March 12. The parade starts at noon, and the festival is from 11 a.m.-7 p.m. at Las Olas Boulevard and Andrews Avenue. Festivities will include Irish dancers and other live entertainment, as well activities for children such as pony rides, face painting, a petting zoo and more. Entry is free. Downtown parking fees apply. Information is available online.
Floats. Marching bands. The New York City Police Department’s Emerald Society Pine & Drum corps. All will come together as part of Hollywood’s St. Patrick’s festivities. This city is celebrating on Sunday, March 13, from noon to 6 p.m., with a parade at 1 p.m. rolling along 21st Avenue from Washington Street to Hollywood Boulevard, east to Federal Highway, Tyler Street to Harrison Street, west to 21st Avenue in the downtown area. Information is available online. Anniversary Park is a family-friendly “Emerald Isle” fun zone for kids. Some restaurants are featuring Irish favorites. Entertainment at 19th Avenue features Uproot Hootenanny, U2 by UV
Other Festivals & Events in South Florida
- Plant fairs in South Florida: Exciting displays of orchids & other foliage favorites
- Food Festivals in South Florida offer fabulous flavors & fun
- Free Art Festivals in South Florida
- Hear ye, hear ye: Florida Renaissance Festival is in Deerfield
- Free Festivals in greater Palm Beach
- Sensory-Friendly Show at Sandrell Rivers Theater: Tickets just $5
- Get ready for Florida Supercon this month
- Free & cheap things to do this weekend in Miami & South Florida
- July Fourth fireworks, parades & fun in South Florida
- Free live music at Government Center
- Things to do with kids this summer (free, low-cost & deals)
- Food festivals: Feast on fun & fabulous flavors
- Florida Freedom Week Tax-Free event for recreation & tickets
- Dolphin Mall offers ‘Bubble Fest’ and Artisan Show
- ‘Brévo for Broadway’ offers exclusive discount for show