Thanksgiving is about food and kindness. In South Florida, various organizations and vendors are exemplifying those features with opportunities for free turkeys and other food for a holiday feast.
For free food distributions in Broward, Miami-Dade and Palm Beach, eligibility requirements may vary.
Please return to this feature as other food distribution events are added.
Free turkeys while supplies last 10 a.m. November 18, while supplies last at Festival Marketplace. Supply your own reusable bag.
Festival marketplace, 954-979-4555, is at 2900 W. Sample Road, Pompano Beach 33073. Free parking.
- Thanksgiving food distribution for residents of Florida State Senate District 34 which is in part of Miami-Dade. Register online for a ticket for the FarmShare drive-through distribution 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. November 17 for eligible residents of the district. It's at St. Matthews Missionary Baptist, 6100 NW 24th Ave., Miami 33142
- Turkey and food distribution while supplies last 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. November 18 with bounce house and other fun for youngsters. The Way Miami is at 14105 Southwest 184th Street, Miami 33177. The entrance is on SW 142 Avenue.
- Saturday, Nov. 18, Miami's VOUS Church to give away 600 turkeys from the back of a truck in the Liberty City neighborhood. The turkey giveaway takes place this Saturday at 11 a.m. at Charles Hadley Park, 1350 NW 50th St., Miami. The event includes inflatables and other activities. Information and registration is online.
- Thanksgiving food distribution 2 p.m. – 5 p.m. November 20 at Village of Allapattah YMCA, 2370 Northwest 17th Avenue, Miami 33142. Limited availability. Register at the YMCA prior to the event.
- Fall Festival and free turkey and food distribution while supplies last 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. November 18 with bounce houses, games, entertainment, petting zoo, non-profit organizations and hayride. The venue is Carter Park, 1450 West Sunrise Boulevard Fort Lauderdale 33311. The event is organized by Rio Vista Community Church.
- Turkey basket distribution 4 p.m. – 7 p.m. November 21 at Lee YMCA, 1409 Sistrunk Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale. Limited availability. Register at the YMCA prior to the event.
Farm Share is a nonprofit organization that distributes fruits, vegetables and other food items at different venues in Florida, often at drive-up events. Free food items provided usually include fresh produce, nonperishable items and water. To obtain food, you need to arrive in a vehicle with a trunk or cargo bed. Information on drive-through pickups is online. First-come, first served. Financial donations are accepted via FarmShare.org.
Feeding South Florida
Feeding South Florida and its partners are offering Thanksgiving packages while supplies last. First arrivals, first served.
Information on Thanksgiving food distributions is not available. Phone 954-518-1857 in Dade & Broward and 561-659-5070 in Palm Beach.
Miramar residents only
Proof required. Thanksgiving food distribution for Miramar residents only, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. November 21, Armory Florida Army National Guard, 5001 Flamingo Road Miramar, 33025. Offer valid while supplies last. Register online
ThanksFeeding Family and Fun Day is 1 p.m. – 5 p.m. November 19 at Pompey Park, 1101 Northwest Second Street, Delray Beach 33444. Thanksgiving dinner distribution for low income families, with a child or children, who must be with the family. Offered to eligible families who reside in Delray Beach while supplies last. RSVPs encouraged. The event includes bounce house, balloon art , games, DJ and facepainting
10 a.m. – 12 p.m. November 18 Thanksgiving turkeys distribution, while supplies last, Fulford United Methodist, 1900 Northeast 164th Street, North Miami Beach 33162
9 a.m. November 15 Thanksgiving turkeys distribution, for North Miami residents only with proper ID while supplies last, City of North Miami Police Department, 700 NE 124 St., North Miami, 33161
Feeding South Florida
- Sorting & Packing Experience: Volunteer to inspect, sort and repack donated food at Feeding South Florida venues in Pembroke Park and Feeding Palm Beach County in Boynton Beach. Each location is holding sorting/packing volunteer opportunities Tuesday–Saturday starting at 8:30 a.m.
- Community Kitchen Experience: Volunteer to help prep, cook and pack meals in Feeding South Florida’s Community Kitchen at Feeding Palm Beach County. Volunteer opportunities are open to all individuals regardless of kitchen experience.
- Feeding South Florida Thanksgiving fund drives
- Free wellness exams & vaccines for Broward pets
- AARP will help older adults create their future at Senior Planet, Miami
- Free online homework help from libraries
- $125 toilet rebate for eligible Broward residents
- Free onsite mammography screenings at libraries
- Free solar eclipse glasses at Broward Libraries
- Volunteer ushers get to see high-quality performances
- Recharge your electric vehicle at free EV stations in South Florida
- Resource Depot in West Palm offers new, used & upcycled items at discount prices
- Updated: Free Rain Barrels Oct. 3, West Palm Beach