Regardless of the weather in The Sunshine State, South Florida embraces Autumn with festivals and other seasonal events.
In addition to fall festivals featuring such icons as pumpkins, hayrides & scarecrows, South Florida offers a rich array of other events. Food festivals. Art shows. Music festivals.
Pull out your favorite plaid shirt and roll up the sleeves.
Lots of events are free. For others, fees apply — some with discount opportunities offered.
Fall Festivals include
No event Fall Fest, free
Event is Off — Food, vendors and entertainment are included at Fall Fest 5 p.m. – 9 p.m. November 13, Hunters Manor Park, 1801 NW 4th Street, Pompano Beach. Entry is free. Entertainment includes Speakerbox Band & Krush Party Band. Bring blankets or chairs.
Flamingo Road Nursery
Fall displays with scarecrows, tractor-pulled hayrides through an oak hammock, and pumpkin patch are offered 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. October -November 7
Displays that serve as photo ops are popular. Fall-theme foods & drinks for sale. Hayrides are $6. Painting a pumpkin or pot is $6.
Other Festivals & Events in Fall
- October 16-17 Las Olas Art Fair, Fort Lauderdale, free entry, feature
- October 23-24 Broward Quilt Expo, City Center in Pembroke Pines, includes quilt show, demonstrations & workshops, & vendors, website
- November 6 -7 ArtFest In The Pines, 601 City Center Way, Pembroke Pines 33025, free entry, includes artists, entertainment, food trucks, family-friendly activities, art demonstrations, art & fun for kids, art workshops, website
- November 6-7, 13-14, & 20-21 Camelot Days, 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., TY Park, 3300 N. Park Road, Hollywood 33021, 954-357-8811, event is $20 for ages 13 and older, $10 for ages 6 to 12, & free for 5 & younger. Weekend park entry fees applies. It’s $1.50 per person for ages 6 and older, website
- November 8 Taste of The Island Festival, Richardson Park & Nature Preserve, 1937 Wilton Drive, Wilton Manors 33305, $30-$50, website
- November 12-14 Tortuga Music Festival, Fort Lauderdale beach, $138 – $1,249, website
- November 20 Boots On The Beach music festival, live country bands, free outdoor event, 1 p.m. – 9 p.m., 149 SE 21st Avenue, Deerfield Beach, information online
- November 21 Food and Wine Festival, Weston Town Center, 1675 Market Street Weston, includes food & drinks, $45 for 21 and older, $25 for younger, website
Read Other Features
Fall Harvest Festival, $5
Entry is $5 for festivities, which include tractor-drawn wagon ride, petting zoo, food & retail vendors, fun, & rides. 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. October 16 @ Sunrise Sportsplex, 9101 NW 50th St., Sunrise, 954- 747-4600, website
Deerfield Fall Festival
Deerfield is holding a Fall Festival with story telling, archery, pumpkin patch, hayrides & entertainment.
Festivities are 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. October 16 at Pioneer Park, 217 NE 5th Ave., Deerfield Beach
Entry is free, website
Oktoberfest in Coral Springs, City Hall lawn, 9500 W. Sample Road, Coral Springs 33065
Event 4 p.m. – 10 p.m. October 16 includes family-friendly fun, German foods & drinks, live entertainment & dancing.
- Swinging Bavarians
- Tapping of the Keg with King Ludwig
- Kids area with Rapunzel
Games & contests including:
Register @ City Tent 30 minutes before contest
- 5 p.m. – Spelling Bee
- 7 p.m. – Stein Race (21+)
- 8 p.m. – Yodeling
- 9 p.m. – Stein Holding (21+)
Information 954-344-1197, website
Riverwalk CraftoberFest is 2 p.m. – 6 p.m. October 16 at Esplanade Park, 400 SW Second Street, Fort Lauderdale, $35 – $65 for tasting tickets,
St. David carnival
October 21-24 includes rides, international foods, & entertainment @ St. David, 3900 S. University Drive, Davie, 954-475-8046
Free parking. Fees apply for rides. Early purchase offer is $25 unlimited rides, valid until 6 p.m. October 21, deal is $5 discount from regular $30 price at event. For unlimited rides each day of the event, price is $50 until 6 p.m. October 21, information online
- Lu White October 21
- The Fab October 22
- Big City Dogs October 23
- Rick Malinowski, Pure Dynamics, & Fire & Ice October 24
Harvest Festival, Flamingo Gardens in Davie
Flamingo Gardens botanical gardens & wildlife sanctuary offers hayrides & other extra events & activities for its Harvest Festival events weekends in October
Extra festivities are included with regular entry fees, which are $21.95 for 12 & older, $15.95 for ages 3-11, & $17.56 for seniors, veterans, military, college students, AAA members & AARP members.
Discount opportunity: $2 off regular adult fees & $1 off kids’ fees if you purchase tickets online.
Hayrides are 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekends in October, weather permitting.
Other Harvest Festival extras include scavenger hunts, educational activities, harvest-theme displays, live performances, and photo ops.
Weekend Themes include
October 30 & 31- Halloween
Flamingo Gardens is at 3750 S. Flamingo Road, Davie 33330. Information is on the website or 954-473-2955, read feature Flamingo Gardens botanical gardens & wildlife sanctuary
Boca Raton Pumpkin Patch Festival
Pumpkins, rides and other fun activities are included in the festivities October 30 & 31 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. at Boca Pumpkin Patch Festival, Mizner Park Amphitheater, 590 Plaza Real, Boca Raton 33432.
The entry fee is $25 for ages 3 & older. Discount opportunity: for a 35% -off discount, sign up for an email newsletter.
The festival includes
- pumpkin patch
- unlimited carnival rides
- food vendors
- dress your own scarecrow village
- photo vignettes
- maze featuring inflatable cornstalks