Bookworms who look forward to the Miami Book Fair at Miami Dade College each November know that its programming is year-round. It has been for years now.
The actual street fair will take place online this year from Nov. 15-22 (click here for all the details).
But in these uncertain times, the book fair has had to go virtual (like so many other Miami events have) and is offering a program being called “Physically Distant. Socially Connected.”
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter.
Online offerings include author readings and conversations, popular workshops like First Draft, and a Storybook picnic for kids and their teddy bears.
The program includes:
- Speak Up Online! – the creative writing program for teens from drafting to performance to publishing – returns on Sept. 19 and continues through Nov. 14. Every Saturday from 3-4 p.m.
- Programs in Spanish, including 15-minute (and longer) readings with authors who read excerpts from their works.
- First Draft: A Literary Social with a different author each week. Pour a glass of wine and work on a story around that week’s chosen theme.
More Virtual Entertainment
- Free outdoor summer Tai Chi, drum circles, pet fun, and family day at the Norton
- Things to do on a rainy day in Miami
- Free & cheap things to do this weekend in Miami & South Florida
- Olympia Arts Miami is Taking Arts to the Streets!
- Shakespeare Festival offers free outdoor plays
- Free Kid’s Film Festival in Fort Lauderdale
- Friday Night Sound Waves offers free concerts at oceanside park
- Free entry for ‘Islands’ food & music festival
- Fourth on Flagler in West Palm offers fireworks & fun
- Dolphin Mall offers ‘Bubble Fest’