With so much time on your hands, maybe you want to try your hand at cooking a restaurant-style meal at home. These Miami restaurants have got you covered with specially prepared DIY meal kits. Choose between delivery or pickup.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter.
Here’s a list of restaurants offering them, a list we’ll continue adding to as we find others.
- The Alley on Miami Beach – A variety of pasta kits including pasta, sauce and cheese that serve four available for $42. Call 305-760-6903 to order custom kit.
- Bartaco at ParkSquare in Aventura – Their family pack includes choice of a whole roasted chicken or 16-taco pack with salsa verde and chips and choice of three sides for $25. Call 305-614-8226 to place your order between 11 a.m. and 9 p.m.
- Chug’s Diner in Coconut Grove has several meal kits including calabaza soup, roasted vegetables, venison and tomato ragu spaghetti, spinach and prosciutto pizza, roast chicken and steak and veggie mixed grill. Breakfast kits include eggs with brioche, seasonal jam and bacon and pancakes with guava and cream cheese sauce.
- Coyo Taco in Coral Gables, Wynwood and Brickell – The family pack includes choice of taco filling (chicken, meat or shrimp), two sauces and two sides ranging from $25 to $34 and feeds four to six people. Add a gallon pre-batched margaritas for $39.99. Available from 11 a.m. to midnight.
- Eating House in Coral Gables – Features two pasta kit choices either Pomodoro with fresh rigatoni, tomato sauce, cheese and basil ($40) or Carbonara with fresh rigatoni, black truffle, applewood-smoked bacon and breadcrumbs ($50) accompanied by a garden salad and chocolate custard dirt cups for dessert. Available Tuesday through Sunday 11:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. Call 305-228-6524.
- Fooq’s just south of Wynwood – has Fooq’s Feasts kits that serve 4-6 people including brunch ($85), lamb ($95), dips and spreads ($75), pasta or pork and charcuterie ($85) and snacks ($75). Open Tues.-Sun. 11:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. Call 786-536-2749.
- Ironside Pizza in Little River – has a $10 pizza kit that includes pizza dough, tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, basil and flour.
- Los Ranchos in Bayside, Sweetwater, The Falls and Westland – All locations have their grill kits available that include two steaks and an eight ounce chimichurri sauce. Baby churrascos $14.99, churrascos $20.99, baby presidentes $25.99 and churrascos presidentes $37.49. Order until 8:30 p.m.
- Luna Park in Brickell City Centre has two meal kit bundles – Family Party for $29 with rigatoni, Parma Rosa tomato sauce, ponti onions, tuna in olive oil and Luna Park Toscano olive oil and Deluxe Meal for $79 with two packs of linguini, truffle butter, black truffle slices and parmigiano reggiano.
- Macchialina on Miami Beach – Known for their weekly $10 pasta nights, they’re now offering meals for two with all the ingredients to make either pappardelle bolognese, spaghetti pomodoro, cavatelli Macchialina or cacio e pepe (ranging from $28-$35). Offered Tuesday through Sunday from 5-10 p.m. Call 305-534-2124.
- Michelle Bernstein Catering – Chef Michelle Bernstein is bringing back Michy’s Fried Chicken with a full dinner that includes a half or whole chicken with hot sauce and honey, coleslaw, watermelon/feta/mint salad and banana pudding for dessert. Half chicken for two $49, whole chicken $95 for four. Order by Wednesday at 3 p.m. for Friday delivery. Call 305-213-2512 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mi’talia in South Miami – has an at-home pizza kit for $20, $30 for the take and bake lasagna (serves 6) and a garden salad and build your own pasta with a variety of sauces to choose from for $40. Call 305-885-4008 or order online.
- Nave in Coconut Grove – The $25 DIY pizza kits include dough, sauce, baby spinach, prosciutto and mozzarella cheese plus chocolate chip cookies made fresh by their pastry chef for dessert. Available between 3 and 8 p.m. Call 786-615-3747.
- Phuc Yea in Mimo – A Three Sancocho Style Pho Dinner for two for $65. Includes their specialty sancocho pho, a Colombian-inspired Vietnamese soup, beef empanadas with dipping sauce, Colombian pan de bono with sausage butter, tater tots and sausage and their signature croissant bread pudding for dessert. Order directly through their website an receive 10 percent off with code CORONA. Delivery areas vary and curbside pickup is also available. Call 305-602-3710.
- Pisco y Nazca – Family Meal Plans range from $40-$60 and serve four to five people. Mains include Lomo (steak) or Pollo (chicken) Saltado, Chaufa de Pollo (chicken) or Mariscos (seafood), Tallarin Saltado de Pollo (chicken), Bistec a lo pobre (steak), all served with Peruvian potatoes in yellow pepper sauce (huancaina) and mixed green salad. Call 786-535-9154.
- Plant B Burger – The plant-based Vegan burger makers have a $10 burger kit including plant-based patty, vegan cheese, lettuce, tomato and pretzel bun. Order via Instagram.
- North Italia – Their family meal-kit includes a large Ceasar salad, parmesan garlic bread and choice of fresh pasta. Choose from tagliatelle, bucatini, rigatoni or strozzapetti and sauce choices include bolognese, marinara, garlic parmesan cream or basil pesto. $65 and feeds four to five people.
- Pollo Tropical – Get the chain’s citrus-marinated chicken in ready-to-cook form, available at 140 participating locations through drive-through or takeout. A whole chicken costs $5, and six marinated boneless breasts cost $10. You can also get ready-to-eat white Rice and black beans in portions that can feed up to 10 people for $5 each. (Of course, if you’d rather buy the chicken cooked, click here.)
- Rice Mediterranean Kitchen – The family meal serves 4-6 people and includes four servings of protein, two servings of basmati rice and Greek salad, one 12 ounce serving of hummus, six pita breads, and six two ounce containers of Sumac sauce for $48.95. Order online or through their app.
- Seaspice on the Miami River – Meal kits available for their Wagyu burger, short rib pappardelle, Chilean sea bass and tres leches dessert. Available for pick-up Friday through Sunday from noon to 8 p.m. Call 305-440-4200.
- Stanzione 87 – Their $12 pizza kit includes their homemade dough, sauce, fresh mozzarella and basil and you can check their Instagram for a video to follow along while making. Available Sunday through Thursday noon to 10 p.m. and Friday Saturday noon to midnight, call 786-360-1852 to order.
- Taquiza – Put the tacos together with a meal kit that includes two pounds of protein of your choice, 20 of their signature blue corn tortillas, elote, quinoa salad and hot sauces plus four non-alcoholic beverages. Kits are $60, call 305-203-2197 to order Wednesday through Sunday from noon to 8 p.m.
- Tijuana Flats has heat & serve meal kits to go including a Taco Meal Kit for $31.99 with choice of tortilla, chicken, beef, toppings and chips or the Burrito Meal Kit for $34.99 with six large tortillas, chicken, beef, rice, beans, toppings and chips. Both feed up to six people and steak is $6 more. Delivery is free on orders of $25 or more and there’s also curbside pickup.
Other Miami on the Cheap articles:
- Restaurants offering delivery and pick up
- Order beer, wine and cocktails online or for pick up
- Homecooking by local chefs and bakers
More Food Resources:
- Updated: Restaurant openings, deals, free delivery and more
- Free Starbucks coffee for frontline responders
- Free food distributions: See if you’re eligible!
- Bakers and chefs selling directly to the public
- Free to-go entrée at Olive Garden
- Miami eateries serve up meal-deal bundles
- Free meals for kids from Pollo Tropical
- Wendy’s 4 For $4 Meal Deal
- Publix expands open/close times, suspends senior hours
- Free McDonald’s fries every Friday