Miami-Dade public schools (and many private schools) are closed Tuesday, Sept. 3, but many parents have to work. Luckily for them, Miami-Dade County parks are offering one-day camps for children. Camps cost $5 per child, and parents must send lunches and snacks with their children.
Camp hours are 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Camps will be offered at these parks:
- Oak Grove Park, 690 NE 159th St.
- Gwen Cherry Park, 7090 NW 22nd Ave.
- Country Village Park, 6550 NW 188th Terr.
- Highland Oaks Park, 20300 NE 24th Ave.
- Arcola Lakes Park, 1301 NW 83rd St.
- Sidney Wynn at Arcola Park
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Park, 6000 NW 32nd Ct.
- Jefferson Reaves Park, 3090 NW 50th St.
- Little River Park, 10524 NW 24th Ave.
- Ruben Dario Park, 9825 W. Flagler St.
- North Trail Park, 780 NW 127th Ave.
- Continental Park, 10000 SW 82nd Ave.
- Rockway Park, 9460 SW 27th Dr.
- Kendale Lakes Park, 7850 SW 142nd Ave.
- Goulds Park, 11350 SW 216th St.
- Live Like Bella Park, 29305 Illinois Rd.
- Naranja Park, 14150 SW 264th St.
- South Dade Park, 28151 SW 164th Ave.
- Eureka Villas Park, 14301 SW 180th St.
- West Perrine Park, 10301 SW 170th Terr.
- Sgt. Delancy Park, 14450 Boggs Dr.
- Hammocks Community Park, 9885 Hammocks Blvd.