Kids feeling bored around the house?
Here’s a great option to keep them entertained: The SAG-AFTRA Foundation offers a free award-winning children’s literacy website, Storyline Online, that streams videos featuring celebrities reading children’s books.
We’re talking everyone from Kristen Bell, Viola Davis, Chris Pine and Sean Astin to Sarah Silverman, Kevin Costner, James Earl Jones, Betty White and more.
Pick from different titles, such as “A Tale of Two Beasts,” “Arnie the Doughnut,” “Chester’s Way” and “Enemy Pie.”
Storyline Online is available 24 hours a day for children, parents, caregivers and educators. Each book includes supplemental curriculum developed by a credentialed elementary educator, designed to strengthen comprehension and verbal and written skills for English-language learners.
Find out more about the program here.
If your kids or grandkids speak Spanish (or you’d like them to learn!), The Spanish Experiment has some stories for you.
Beloved children’s tales including “Goldilocks and The Three Bears,” “The Three Little Pigs” and “Little Red Riding Hood” are read by Spanish speakers – and you can select the audio or video version. Click here to starting the read-along adventure.
Audible, an Amazon company, also offers free storytelling of a wide range of selections in six languages.
Books are divided by age groups and include titles such as: “Winnie the Pooh,” “Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland” and “The Reluctant Dragon.” For the older crowd, there are literary classics including “Jane Eyre,” “Les Miserables” and “Wuthering Heights.”
Check out the book selection by clicking here.
More Fun for Kids
- Miami-Dade libraries offer Summer Reading Challenge
- Zoo Miami: Ride your bike through the grounds – UPDATED
- Miami summer camps: In-person and virtual – UPDATED
- $10 Mondays all summer at Zoo Miami – UPDATED
- Summer Savings Pass 2020: 4 attractions for 1 price
- Fairchild offers ‘pizza party’ for the whole family
- Free meals for Miami-Dade students during summer break – UPDATED
- Dezerland Park drive-in theater: Check out movie schedule
- Free meals for kids from Pollo Tropical extended through summer
- Support local: Try new online market for food, clothes and more
More Virtual Entertainment
- Miami-Dade County Auditorium postpones free ‘Drive-Through Theatre Experience’
- Veggies & herbs you can grow inside in summer
- Open or closed? See what’s what in Miami-Dade – UPDATED
- Orchestra Miami’s annual Beethoven on the Beach goes virtual
- Deering Estate’s new deal: BOGO general admission
- Stream ‘Hamilton’ with original Broadway cast
- Josef Gingold Chamber Music Festival of Miami features world-class concerts virtually
- Arsht@Home gives you VIP access to art, music & more!
- Free & cheap things to do this weekend in Miami UPDATED
- 28 free & cheap dog-friendly parks in Miami-Dade
Virtual Entertainment Calendar
Wednesday, July 8, 2020
Thursday, July 9, 2020
Friday, July 10, 2020
Saturday, July 11, 2020
Sunday, July 12, 2020
Monday, July 13, 2020
Tuesday, July 14, 2020