Bookworms who look forward to the Miami Book Fair at Miami Dade College each November know that its programming is year-round. It has been for years now.
But in these uncertain times, the book fair has had to go online or virtual (like so many other Miami events have). It’s being called “Physically Distant. Socially Connected.”
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter.
Online offerings include author readings and conversations, popular workshops like First Draft, and a Storybook picnic for kids and their teddy bears.
The program includes…
- Speak Up Online! the creative writing program for teens from drafting to performance to publishing.
- Programs in Spanish including 15-minute and longer readings with authors readings excerpts from their work
- First Draft: A Literary Social with a different author each week. Pour a glass of wine and work on a story around that week’s chosen theme.
More Virtual Entertainment
- Sundance Festival: Watch award-winning shorts for $10
- Miami-Dade libraries’ Summer Reading Challenge extended
- Free & cheap things to do this weekend in Miami
- Fair Food Drive-Thru returns with new offerings
- Gardens to visit around Miami
- Find PAMM pop-up shop in Miami Design District
- Open or closed? Check status in Miami-Dade
- Friday Nights @ Frost: Only 3 dates left!
- Miami places where you can enjoy public art
- Discount in August! Fairchild offers half-off admission all month long