Bookworms who look forward to the Miami Book Fair at Miami Dade College each November know that its programming is year-round. It has been for years now.
The actual street fair will take place online this year from Nov. 15-22 (click here for all the details).
But in these uncertain times, the book fair has had to go virtual (like so many other Miami events have) and is offering a program being called “Physically Distant. Socially Connected.”
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter.
Online offerings include author readings and conversations, popular workshops like First Draft, and a Storybook picnic for kids and their teddy bears.
The program includes:
- Speak Up Online! – the creative writing program for teens from drafting to performance to publishing – returns on Sept. 19 and continues through Nov. 14. Every Saturday from 3-4 p.m.
- Programs in Spanish, including 15-minute (and longer) readings with authors who read excerpts from their works.
- First Draft: A Literary Social with a different author each week. Pour a glass of wine and work on a story around that week’s chosen theme.
More Virtual Entertainment
- Where to celebrate Father’s Day in Miami
- Free & cheap things to do this weekend in Miami
- Free family fishing event at Miami’s Bass Pro Shops
- Miami water parks for some cool fun – UPDATED
- Vegan Block Party: Exclusive discount code for Miami On The Cheap readers
- Affordable Father’s Day gifts that aren’t neckties
- Summer Savings Pass 2021: 3 South Florida attractions for 1 price
- Juneteenth 2021 in Miami: Ceremonies, music, dance class & more
- Free Comic Book Day happening this summer
- Miami Children’s Museum offers Florida discount, new hours
Virtual Entertainment Calendar
Monday, June 14, 2021
Tuesday, June 15, 2021
Wednesday, June 16, 2021
Thursday, June 17, 2021
Friday, June 18, 2021