Are you still looking for something kid-friendly to do during Memorial Day Weekend? Vizcaya Museum and Gardens is hosting a Bedtime Stories Under the Stars event on Saturday, May 28 and the price is very “on the cheap” friendly.
For just $10, you and your children can enjoy a magical evening at Vizcaya Museum and Gardens from 6-9 p.m. with readings from local authors on the East Terrace, overlooking Biscayne Bay.
What else can you experience at this kid-friendly Memorial Day Weekend event at Vizcaya?
- History told in first-person stories from elders shown as a streaming of The Rich and Forgotten History of Black Coconut Grove in the Gardens.
- Create your own stories using Story Starters with words or art-making in small workshops facilitated by museum educators.
- Explore the contributions of Bahamians who created the shell murals in the grottos in small group discussions.
Don’t forget to pass by the Books for Free table to pick up free books and free passes to Miami Book Fair and to Children’s Alley at Miami Book Fair, Nov. 18-20, at MDC Wolfson Campus in Downtown Miami.
For more information and to purchase tickets, click here.
- Free family event in Deerfield to kick off summer
- Free Great American Beach Party in Fort Lauderdale
- Things to do this week in South Florida, including free and inexpensive fun & deals