Miami-Dade County school started Aug. 31, but some drive-thru backpack giveaways are still happening.
The drive-thru Food & Backpack Distribution will take place starting at 9 a.m. Oct. 1 at 10790 SW 211th St., Cutler Bay.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter and visit our Facebook group page
The dual food and backpack giveaway is being organized in partnership with Farm Share, U.S. Sens. Anette Taddeo and Jose Javier Rodriguez, U.S. Rep. Javier Fernandez, and Miami-Dade County Commissioner Danielle Levine Cava.
Distribution will be on a first-come, first-served basis until supplies last. Items will be placed in the trunks of vehicles.
For more information, click here.
Free meals are available for Miami-Dade County students during the school year. Click here to find distribution sites.
Also, the food distribution sites around Miami continue and new sites keep getting added. Find drive-up sites in Little Haiti, Little Havana, Opa-locka and other neighborhoods. Click here for the full list.
More Useful Resources
- Florida offers tax-free shopping events
- Florida landscaping: Free resources to enhance your yard
- Free food distributions & resources
- Free meals for students through Summer BreakSpot
- Ride for free with Freebee in Aventura
- Free online homework help from local libraries
- South Florida farms offer fresh produce
- Free Publix prescriptions program to end soon
- COVID tests: How to get another 4 free rapid kits sent to your home
- How to avoid holiday scams & fraud