Miami-Dade County school started Aug. 31, but some drive-thru backpack giveaways are still happening.
The drive-thru Food & Backpack Distribution will take place starting at 9 a.m. Oct. 1 at 10790 SW 211th St., Cutler Bay.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter and visit our Facebook group page
The dual food and backpack giveaway is being organized in partnership with Farm Share, U.S. Sens. Anette Taddeo and Jose Javier Rodriguez, U.S. Rep. Javier Fernandez, and Miami-Dade County Commissioner Danielle Levine Cava.
Distribution will be on a first-come, first-served basis until supplies last. Items will be placed in the trunks of vehicles.
For more information, click here.
Free meals are available for Miami-Dade County students during the school year. Click here to find distribution sites.
Also, the food distribution sites around Miami continue and new sites keep getting added. Find drive-up sites in Little Haiti, Little Havana, Opa-locka and other neighborhoods. Click here for the full list.
More Useful Resources
- Free ‘I Voted’ virtual backgrounds from Starbucks
- Free medications available at Publix pharmacies
- Job openings in South Florida – NEW!
- Free homework, tutoring help from Miami-Dade library system
- New Miami-themed masks for sale
- New South Florida Zoom backgrounds: Universities, hotspots, sports teams & more
- Free food distributions in South Florida: New sites added
- Tri-Rail fares have been reinstated
- Miami’s city parks fully reopen
- Free singing e-cards from celebrities