With the current season coming to an abrupt halt, Miami’s Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts remains dark. There’s a glimmer of hope for all arts-lovers, though, because the center is offering a virtual “Arsht@Home” platform.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter.
The at-home online program offers free educational and entertainment content for streaming. It features seven areas of interest that include:
- Art of Making where local teaching artists guide visitors in writing poems based on a cell phone selfie and how to turn objects in your kitchen into musical instruments.
- Living Room Live provides VIP front-row access to performances by various Miami musicians. New performers are presented on a rotating basis so keep checking back.
- Visual Arts & Tours includes a walk through museums and galleries around Miami and the world including the National Gallery of Art, a collection of 14 museums in Paris and many more.
- Arsht Center Partners NuDeco Ensemble, Siudy Flamenco and Alvin Ailey Dance Theater share performance videos from their archives.
- Arsht Center resident companies Florida Grand Opera and New World Symphony are showcasing performances from their archives and Miami City Ballet is offering coloring pages for kids depicting scenes from their most popular ballets.
- Arsht Tunes features a curated weekly playlist by some of their resident companies.
- Arsht at Work is offering artists seeking work a 30-minute session with their Human Resources professionals including a resume review and interview coaching session.
More Virtual Entertainment
- Tap! Tap!: Virtual Haití Book Festival kicks off May 30
- Drive-ins: Go out and enjoy movies, live music
- Hard Rock Stadium turning into drive-in!
- Dezerland Park invites you to new drive-in theater
- Virtual 5K Run: Sign up to join WE RUN MIAMI!
- Scooby fans, watch the latest flick & grab a Fandango party pack
- Get cultured: Visit museums, galleries and attractions, experience theater online
- Miami’s Technique Records now offering curbside pickup
- Vizcaya gardens has reopened to the public
- Life is a Cabaret! at South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center virtual sessions
Virtual Entertainment Calendar
Monday, June 1, 2020
Tuesday, June 2, 2020
Wednesday, June 3, 2020
Thursday, June 4, 2020
Friday, June 5, 2020
Saturday, June 6, 2020
Sunday, June 7, 2020