Florida Grand Opera (FGO) has launched a new volunteer program for the 2016-2017 season. This new initiative invites individuals of all ages and skill sets to become involved in the company’s work to increase organizational capacity.
Available volunteer positions encompass a range of activities. Weekly volunteers may be asked to help with tasks in many departments; by helping increase productivity and organization of daily operations. Many FGO events will also seek volunteer support in the form of ushers and greeters. The goal is for event volunteers to assist with the many tasks performed by staff members while allowing volunteers to attend exclusive affairs. They also can provide acknowledgement of volunteer hours worked for schools and/or community organizations.
Volunteers may receive the following benefits for their service and commitment to the Florida Grand Opera:
· Recognition on the Florida Grand Opera Volunteers Webpage
· Ticket discounts and/or comps as rewards for hours worked*
· Invitation to annual Young Artists First Sing concert
· Invitation to an annual volunteer recognition event
*Volunteer Ticket Rewards:
· 10 hours – Opportunity for 30% discount on 2 tickets to 1 performance
· 20 hours – 1 free ticket and opportunity for 30% discount on up to 3 tickets to 1 performance
· 30 hours – 2 free tickets and opportunity for 30% discount on 2 tickets to 1 performance
· 40 hours – 2 free tickets and opportunity for 30% discount on 2 tickets to 1 performance, admittance to Terra Lounge included, the exclusive second floor donor lounge at the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts
WHO: Florida Grand Opera, Inc.
WHAT: 2016-2017 Volunteer Program Launch
Information about volunteer opportunities can be found on the Volunteer page of the Florida Grand Opera website, on VolunteerMatch.com, or by contacting the volunteer coordinator at 305.403.3282 or email@example.com.