Here are some deals and freebies to honor mom on her special day. Mother’s Day is Sunday, May 8.
We’ve got meals and treats, craft workshops for kids and even a free chance to see some flowers in South Florida.
Here are Mother’s Day dining deals:
- Participating Pollo Tropical restaurants are offering a two-for-$9.99 deal on Sunday, May 8. To get two-meal-deal, text the word Mom to 30241.
- Go to Ikea before 11 a.m. Sunday, May 8, and mom can get a free breakfast of scrambled eggs, hash browns, bacon and hot coffee.
- Friday though Sunday, you can get a free family-size dessert with the purchase of any family meal at Boston Market.
- Ruby Tuesday is giving all moms who dine in on Sunday a free Red Velvet Gourmet Cupcake.
- At Denny’s Facebook page, send your mom an e-card and a coupon for a Free Pancake Puppies Sundae.
- Take your mom to TCBY on Mother’s Day for a free cup or cone of frozen yogurt.
- Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar is offering a $25 Dining Card to enjoy on a future occasion when you treat your mom to brunch or dinner.
- At McCormick and Schmick’s, mom can get a free Chocolate Truffle Trio dessert Sunday.
- Save 80% on Restaurant.com gift certificates purchased by May 8, with $25 worth of food to mom’s favorite restaurant for as low as $2. You can also get free $15 gift from ProFlowers with every order for a limited time. Use promo code MOM
For kids who want to make a gift for mom:
- Jo-Ann Fabric will host a free Make It-Take It event Saturday, May 7, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Children will have the opportunity to make two projects: a painted garden stake and a Mother’s Day card.
- Lowe’s is having a free Mother’s Day Build & Grow clinic at 10 a.m. Saturday, May 7 to create a heart-shaped flower vase that reads “I Love You” for moms.
- At Home Depot, kids can build a tulip planter for mom at a free kids’ workshop Saturday, May 7, from 9 a.m. to noon.
Want to take Mom somewhere?
Thanks to Laura at Baltimore on the Cheap and Patti at Fort Lauderdale on the Cheap for rounding up all these deals.
Restaurant.com is an advertising partner of Miami on the Cheap.