Participating Ben & Jerry’s Scoop Shops serve free scoops April 9.
Various yummy flavors with yummy names like Late Night Snack are included in the offer.
If you’re eager to take advantage of Free Cone Day, it’s a good idea to phone shops in the neighborhood to be sure they are participating.
Participating Carvel shops are launching their grand re-opening with FREE jr. soft serve cones 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. April 26, while supplies are available.
To be sure a local store is participating, it’s probably a good idea to phone first. A list of stores and their phone numbers is featured on the Carvel website.
On Tuesday, Sept. 27, the World’s Largest Ice Cream Social returns to participating Cold Stone Creamery locations.
That means free ice cream at Cold Stone. From 5 to 8 p.m., you can stop by for a free three-ounce serving of the Sprinkled With Wishes Creation: sweet cream ice cream, brownie, rainbow sprinkles and fudge.
The event serves as a fundraiser for the Make-A-Wish Foundation, which helps children with serious illnesses fulfill their dreams. So while your ice cream will be free, bring a bit of money to donate to the cause.
Today is Free Cone Day at Haagen-Dazs. Visit a shop between 4 and 8 p.m. to get yours. Click here for locations.
Join the Haagen-Dazs Ice Cream Social e-mail club and get a coupon for a free Midnight Dazzler.
This is a Facebook deal, but you don’t have to click the “Like” button to get the coupon. After you sign up, they’ll e-mail the coupon to you, probably the next day.
Cold Stone Creamery is offering new eight-layer cakes, and the company wants you to try a slice.
From 5 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 16, get a free three-ounce piece of Cold Stone Creamery’s Eight-Layer Cake.
This is a nationwide event. Use the store locator to find your local Cold Stone.
Checkers Drive-In Restaurants are introducing new shakes, cones and ice cream drinks. We’re lucky that they’ve decided to test them first in South Florida.
Checkers is hosting a Free Swirl Saturday from 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. Oct. 2 and Oct. 9. Customers can get a free swirl ice cream cone with any purchase.
Checkers is in Carol City, Doral, Fort Lauderdale, Hialeah, Hollywood, Homestead, Lauderhill, Margate, Miami, Miramar, North Miami, North Miami Beach, Oakland Park, Plantation, Pembroke Pines and Pompano Beach. Click here for the closest Checkers location serving Cold Creations.
On Sept. 30, the World’s Largest Ice Cream Social returns to participating Cold Stone Creamery locations. From 5 p.m. to 8 p.m., you can get a free “Like It”-size of “Kate’s Creation”: caramel apple ice cream mixed with chocolate shavings, graham cracker pie crust and apple pie filling.
The event is a fundraiser for the Make-A-Wish Foundation. So while your ice cream will be free, bring a bit of money to donate to the cause.
Carvel is offering its customers a sweet treat Thursday, Sept. 23: a free scoop of Swiss Miss ice cream at participating locations.
The new flavor is made with ice cream, Swiss Miss hot chocolate mix and creamy marshmallow.
The Zoo formerly known as the Miami Metro Zoo — now called Zoo Miami – is celebrating its 30th birthday with a new name, and a sweet deal for patrons this weekend. Giveaways, freebies and a $5 entrance fee highlight the weekend, which serves as the official unveiling of the zoo’s new name: Zoo Miami.
Here is a rundown of the Zoo’s events during the July 3 to July 5 celebration weekend.
$5 admission for all on July 3, July 4 and July 5 (that’s an $11 discount off the regular adult price)
Friday, July 3:
- Free Zoo Miami lapel pins to the first 1,000 people
- Free Pirate’s Booty healthy snacks, while supplies last
- Prizes and ‘80s music from The Coast 97.3 FM from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Saturday, July 4:
- Free Zoo Miami T-shirts to the first 1,000 people
- Free cupcakes from Sweet Crumbs Café to first 1,000 people
- Free concerts by 80s freestyle acts: Freestyle Evolution, Erotic Exotic and Voice in Fashion
- Free Blue Bell ice cream at mobile parlor near Wings of Asia Aviary (donations for wildlife conservation encouraged)
Sunday, July 5:
- Free Zoo Miami reusable cups to first 1,000 people
- Appearance by Billy the Marlin from 11 a.m. to noon
Zoo Miami is open daily from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. For more information, visit www.zoomiami.org or call 305-251-0400.
Dads can get in free Sunday at the Miami Science Museum with purchase of a child’s ticket. Fathers also get free admission to Flamingo Gardens in Davie, which is half-price for everyone else Saturday and Sunday.
We found these other deals for dads:
- Dads can get a free drink at Jaguar Ceviche Spoon Bar & Grill in Coconut Grove or Talavera Cocina Mexicana in Coral Gables.
- Dad can get a free small cup or cone at Tasti D Lite on Sunday.
- Dads get a free small cup or cone of frozen yogurt at participating TCBY locations Sunday.
- Denny’s has a Facebook application that lets you create a Father’s Day card and get a coupon for free ice cream floats for you and your dad with purchase of a Value Menu item or entree.
- Dad can get a free small breakfast and a free cup of coffee at Ikea from 9:30 to 11 a.m. Sunday.
Haagen-Dazs is celebrating Free Flavor Day Tuesday, May 18, in honor of the chain’s 50th birthday. Visit a participating Haagen-Daz shop between 4 and 8 p.m. and wish the company “Happy Birthday,” and you’ll get a free scoop of one of the three original flavors: chocolate, coffee, or vanilla.
Carvel has a new low-fat ice cream, and the company wants you to try it. Stop by participating Carvel locations Thursday, April 29, and get a free 3.5-ounce serving of fat ice cream with a free flavor shot (12 flavors available).