On Wednesday, Oct. 5, jazz violinist Federico Britos and his group will play at 9 p.m. There is no charge for admission to the performance in the Kyma Lounge at the Epic Hotel, 270 Biscayne Blvd. Way.
Which one of Charlie’s Angels are you? Show up dressed as one of the characters from the old or new TV series and you’ll get a complementary Angel Eyes cocktail on Thursday, Sept. 22, from 6 to 10 p.m. It’s the viewing party for the new Charlie’s Angels at Area 31 in the Epic Hotel, 270 Biscayne Blvd. Way.
Gilt City is a deal site that focuses on luxury living. Unlike some deal sites, its deals last all week. New deals are announced on Wednesday afternoons.
Here are this week’s deals:
- Up to 50% off lunch, brunch or dinner at Sustain in Midtown.
- 40% Off Tapas and Wine or Beer Pairings at The Blue Piano in the Miami Design District.
- Up to 44% Off Hair Treatments, Blowouts and Manicures at Salon Vaso in Miami Beach.
- $45 for lunch at The Royal at the Raleigh Hotel hosted by Andria Mitakos, creative director of the handbag line Dea Rosa.
- Up to 70% Off Spa Treatments and Fitness Classes at the Exhale Spa at the Epic Hotel in downtown Miami.
- Up to 46% Off Private or Couples’ Salsa Lessons at Salsa Cache in Little Havana.
- $75 for exclusive presale tickets to Florence Welch + the machine Orlando at the Hard Rock Live in Hollywood, plus a limited edition poster designed by the artist.
Gilt City is an advertising partner of Miami on the Cheap.
One bright spot to the gloomy economic news is that Happy Hours are proliferating, providing us all a chance to get some great food and drinks on the cheap.
Here are a few we’ve heard about lately:
* Transit Lounge, 729 SW First Ave., Miami, has 2-1 drinks from 5 to 8 p.m. Monday to Friday, plus other drink specials. Lots of live music with no cover, too.
* La Cofradia Ceviche Bar , 160 Andalusia Ave., Coral Gables, has Happy Hour specials from 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday through Friday. Peruvian ceviches, tiraditos, anticuchos and croquettes for $5 each, plus wine, beer and cocktails, $5 to $7.
* Crazy Pianos, 3015 Grand Ave., Coconut Grove (the old TuTu Tango space at Cocowalk) has 2 for 1 frozen beer tap drafts from 6-10 p.m. Thursdsays, with live entertainment.
* Solé On The Ocean, 17315 Collins Ave., Sunny Isles Beach, has a weekly sunset Happy Hour from 4 to 7 p.m. Fridays with 2-for-1 cocktails.
* The Grill on the Alley, 19501 Biscayne Boulevard, Aventura (south side of Aventura Mall) has half-price appetizers and drink specials 4 to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday and 11:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Happy Hour bites for $3.95 include Popcorn Shrimp, Mac & Cheese, Hummus and Fried Calamari. The $4.95 menu offers Crab Cake Side Kicks, Seared Ahi Tuna Sashimi, Steak Tartare, Chicken Pot Pie and Kobe Side Kicks burgers.
* Andú Restaurant and Lounge, 141 SW Seventh St., Miami, has a “Bites & Booze” Happy Hour with half-price cocktails, $3 beer and snacks like ceviche, calamari and bruschetta from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday through Friday.
* Area 31, 270 Biscayne Blvd. Way, Miami (on the 16th floor of the Epic Hotel), offers “The Blissful Sixty” Happy Hour from 5 to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday, with $5 drinks and $6 snacks, including white fish ceviche (with aji amarillo and passion fruit), Iberian pork paletta with Manchego, and fish and chips. The outdoor terrace offers views of the Miami River and Biscayne Bay.
And don’t forget these deals we’ve written about before:
* Up to 60 percent off wine flights at Wine 69 in Miami.
* Happy Hour deals for all types in Coral Gables.
Do you have other Happy Hour favorites? Post a comment and share them with our readers.