The Thomas Armour Youth Ballet is coming to the South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center, 10950 SW 211 St., to teach free dance classes at the cultural venue.
The classes run from Monday, Aug. 18, to Friday, May 29, 2015, and are available for 5-year-olds in kindergarten up to middle school grades, for both boys and girls. The classes are offered to interested youth regardless of income level with a mission to create pathway to educational and professional opportunities through the study and performance of dance.
The only fee associated with this class is an initial $10 commitment fee. Each class is capped at 25 students. Girls are required to wear black sleeveless leotard, pink or natural shade tights and pink ballet shoes. Boys must wear white short sleeved leotard, black tights, black ballet shoes and white socks.
Class levels offered include:
- Pre-ballet I on Wednesdays, 3:30-4:30 p.m.
- Pre-ballet II on Saturdays, 12:30-1:30 p.m.
- Elementary I Ballet and Tap on Mondays and Thursdays 4-6 p.m.
- Elementary II Ballet and Tap on Mondays and Thursdays 5-7 p.m.
- Elementary III Ballet and Tap on Mondays and Thursdays 7-8:30 p.m.; Wednesdays 4:30-5:30 p.m.; Saturdays 1:30-2:30 p.m.
- Elementary IV Ballet and Tap on Mondays and Thursdays 7-8:30 p.m.; Wednesdays 5:30-6:30 p.m.; Saturdays 2:30-3:30 p.m.
Call Janis Signorelli at 305-801-8922 or Camila Escobar at 305-667-5543 for more info.