PhilanthroFest is presenting a giant, carnival-inspired festival to connect people, passion and philanthropy, matching volunteers and donors with organizations that can use their talents and support
PhilanthroFest will be 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, April 11, at Museum Park (1075 Biscayne Blvd., Miami, FL 33132) between the Perez Art Museum Miami and American Airlines Arena).
Here’s what you can expect to see:
- CENTERSTAGE: Performances aimed at families, with a chance to introduce children to philanthropy through the Giving Circle. The Giving Circle lets children play interactive carnival games and collect PhilanthroCoins to give to their favorite charities.
- FUNVILLE: Interactive adventures including a 20-stop Scavenger Hunt, a 30-foot slide, a bounce castle, an obstacle course and an appearance by Twiggy the Waterskiing Squirrel.
- THE SCIENCE TREEHOUSE: An area for children of all ages presented by The Patricia and Phillip Frost Museum of Science, with live science demonstrations and hands-on activities with real scientists, including a rocket launcher blast off.
- HERO CITY: Police, fire, military and other hometown heroes will give kids tours of police cruisers, firetrucks and military vehicles.
- FIELD OF DREAMS: Fly a kite or try an afternoon yoga class at Miami’s newest park.
- ART VILLAGE: The Culture Walk will feature artist tents and rts & culture related causes. There will also be a 200-foot zip line overlooking Biscayne Bay, with local celebrities riding and using a GoPro camera to record their experiences.
- OFF THE GRID, A PICNIC WITH ARTIST EUGENIO ESPINOZA: Families can picnic and play on this interactive work on the grounds of Museum Park as part of a collaboration with PAMM from 1 to 4 p.m.