If music sounds better when you buy your ticket at a discount, you’ll want to take advantage of this deal for discount tickets to the Miami World Music Festival Sept. 19-22. Tickets that are normally $25 and $35 are being offered for as little as $7, the cost of the service fee.
Goldstar is offering tickets to four performances at prices ranging from $7 to $23.50 with fees. You can also get tickets for individuals performance for $17 from Living Social.
The second Miami World Music Festival will include music from France, Spain, Cuba, West Africa, Venezuela and India, with an emphasis on music written by great composers and played on traditional folk instruments.
On the agenda are:
- Claude Bolling’s suites for flute and guitar, music from France, Sept. 19.
- Music from Spain and Cuba, Sept. 20.
- An all-female drum and dance ensemble, Venus Rising, which explores West African, Caribbean, Brazilian and Middle Eastern rhythms, movements and songs, Sept. 21.
- Guitarist Luz Marina and South Florida band Menage performing music from Venezuela, Sept. 22
- Jeff Deen and Vicki Richards with Indian classical raga, Sept. 22.
Performances will be at the Wertheim Performing Arts Center, Florida International University, 10910 SW 17th St., Miami FL 33199