Miami Science Museum is offering Tripod +, a series of 10 free, monthly hands-on science workshops for Spanish-speaking families. The programs, available to up to 30 people per session, are open to families with children in grades three through six. Pre-registration is required.
All programs take place from 1-3 p.m. and lunch will be provided.
Miami Science Museum, 3280 South Miami Avenue, Miami, 33129.
March 23, 2013
- Problem Solving Out Of The Bag – Investigate how to use simple building materials to make structures that can withstand a simulated earthquake.
- Strawmendous – Investigate how to use simple building materials to make a skyscraper.
April 6, 2013
- Watch Your Back – Explore the predator/prey relationship found in food chains.
- Ecosystem On A String – Explore the interaction between living and non-living things by constructing a small-scale ecosystem.
May 11, 2013
- Breath Of Fresh Air – Explore what kinds of large particles can be found in air.
- Good Vibrations – Explore the properties of sound as it vibrates and passes through various types of matter.
June 8, 2013
- Amazing Skydivers – Build and test a parachute to explore air resistance and force produced by the weight of an object.
- Soaring Rockets – Explore the properties of air by building and launching a simple rocket.