Looking for somewhere in Miami to take your mother on Sunday?
Brunch is one option, but it’s often expensive. You could also take your mother to a Mommy makeover or a Tea & Talk event, then get cheap eats at Boston Market.
Here are 13 free and cheap options for Mother’s Day in Miami:
- Spend the afternoon sipping tea and nibbling on pastries during the Tea & Talk with Ruth Reichl, former New York Times and Los Angeles Times restaurant critic, cookbook author and editor-in-chief for a decade of Gourmet Magazine, who discusses her varied career. The event is Sunday, May 11, from 3 to 5 p.m. at Books & Books, 265 Aragon Ave., Coral Gables. The event is free but RSVP is required. Call 305-442-4408.
- Attend CocoWalk’s Mommy Make Over Day when Coconut Grove area salons set up shop and dole out free makeovers, and provide wine, entertainment and giveawaysfrom cooking classes at La Bottega to spa days and yoga packages. It’s on Sunday, May 11, from 3 to 7 p.m. at 3015 Grand Ave., Coconut Grove. Call 305-444-0777 ext. 211 for more info.
- Sunny Isle’s newest hot spot Beer 360 is treating mom to a free entree and a rose when there’ s party of two. Entrees include filet mignon ($18.50), filet mignon ($24.50), beef ribs ($22.50), chicken acropolis ($13) and Honolulu shrimp ($18.50). Deal is good all day Sunday, May 11, at 18090 Collins Ave., Sunny Isles Beach. Call 305-466-4599 for more info.
- Batch Gastropub in the Brickell area is pouring bottomless mimosas, bellinis or sangrias for $10 during brunch from 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 30 SW 12 St., Miami. Call 305-808-5555 for more info.
- Boston Market is offering mothers a FREE meal on Sunday, May 11. Guests who buy an entree will receive a second one (of equal or lesser value) for mom with its compliments. The promo is valid with any Individual Meal, Whole Sandwich, Whole Sandwich Combo, Salad Bowl or Market Bowl. The offer is valid at all participating locations and no coupon is required. For locations, click here.
- Mothers get a free Mother’s Day meal at Hooters on Sunday (an entree valued at up to $10), with purchase of a drink. At least one son or daughter must be present.
- At Pollo Tropical, two can dine for $9.99 on Mother’s Day if you text for a coupon.
- Take your mother to a museum and two can visit for the price of one because it’s Miami Museum Month.
- Learn about the history of Coral Gables; moms get in free Sunday
at the Coral Gables Museum.
- Visit Jungle Island in Miami on Sunday, May 11, where Moms enjoy free admission when they brunch with bottomless mimosas and a buffet lunch. Brunch is $29.95 for members, $44.95 for non-members.
- Hear a free orchestra concert when the Alhambra Orchestra performs Sunday night in Coconut Grove.
- Visit Butterfly World in Coconut Creek, where entry is free for mothers May 9-11.
- Visit Bonnet House in Fort Lauderdale, where moms get in free with one paid family member on Sunday.
- Talk over tea on Sunday, when Starbucks is offering a buy-one-get-one free cup of its new Teavana Oprah Chai Tea Latte.