The Miami Beach Botanical Garden is kicking off a series of free gardening seminars. The seminars are led by master gardeners or other experts. The seminars are 10 to noon in the Butterfly Room on selected Saturdays.
The garden also is doing a series of First Thursday workshops, which have a charge.
Admission to the Miami Beach Botanical Garden is always free.
Here is the schedule of Saturday Seminars:
- Sept. 7: Veggie Gardening 101
- Oct. 12: Advanced Edibles
- Nov. 23: Going Bananas
- Jan. 11: Orchids
- Feb. 22: Hanging Basket Design
- Mar. 22: Bromeliads and Air Plants
- Apr. 26: Xeriscaping
- May 17: Salt, Wind and Heat Tolerant Plants
- June 7: The Sustainable Garden
The Miami Beach Botanical Garden is at 2000 Convention Center Drive. Miami Beach, FL 33139