Save $3 on admission to the Miami Home Design and Remodeling Show, which runs 2-6, 2016.
The show gathers hundreds of purveyors of home products from contractors to feed vendors under one roof at the Miami Beach Convention Center.
Regular admission price is $10 per person. Buy early online and save $3 through Sept. 1.
Here are the times:
- Friday, Sept. 2: 6-10:30 pm
- Saturday, Sept. 3: noon-10:30 pm
- Sunday, Sept. 4: noon-7:30 pm
- Monday, Sept. 5 (Labor Day): noon-7:30 pm
- Tuesday, Sept. 6: 6-10:30 pm
The five-day event includes seminars, art showcase, cooking demonstrations, and interactions with local and national celebrities. Here’s what to expect:
- Matt Muenster of HGTV’s Bath Crashers and DIY Network’s BATHtastic! presents, “A Modern Take on Bathroom Design” on Sept. 4 and 5.
- Five South Florida interior designers will create a room vignette for a popular television news journalist. Ask questions and learn design tips while relaxing in each designer’s stylish, room vignette created exclusively for the Show. This year’s Designer/Celebrity matches are: Viviana Galetto-Malave of VGM Decorators Inc. and Glenna Milberg from Local 10 WPLG; Anya Cesar of Anya Renise Design Group and Shireen Sandoval from WSVN 7; Roberta Black of RB Design and Jasmina Marazita from Telemundo 51; Janice Attia of J. Attia Design and Sandra Peebles from Noticias 23 Univision; and Reginald W. Dunlap of Luxe Interior Design and Finishing and Rick Folbaum from CBS4 Miami.
- “Know Your Rights: Ask Christina!” Emmy Award-Winning, Local 10 News reporter Christina Vazquez of the Call Christina segment, will discuss consumer protection and answer questions on Saturday, September 3, at 2 pm and 4 p.m.
- Become “At Home with Art. Chat with South Florida artists, learn about local art events and resources, and enjoy a showcase of paintings, sculptures, and photography. This year’s Ambassador Artists are: Alessandro Abate, Aquarela Sabol, Nate Dee, and Teepopof the Little Haiti Mural Project curated by Yuval Ofir; Charles Trainor Jr., Jennifer Kay,Marice Cohn Band, CW Griffin, and Patrick Farrell, Edouard Duval-Carrié, Creative Director of the Haitian Cultural Arts Alliance, and curated by Carl Juste; Rolando Elejalde,Annie M, and Marta Ismail of Viernes Culturales/Little Havana Art District curated by Pati Vargas; MANO, Josepo, Jorge Ballara, Lorie Ofir, Rosee Camafreita, Darren Johnson,Ivan Castillo Lagrange, and Bartus Bartolomes.
- Under the direction of Chef Paulette Bilsky (Culinary Stage Coordinator) popular local chefs provide culinary inspiration at weekend-long demos and the launch of the Miami Beach Chef Spotlight presented by the Miami Beach Chamber of Commerce. Included in the spotlight is Executive Chef Paolo Dorigato of Dolce Italian, named in 2015 “Best New Restaurant” by Bravo TV.
- The first Home Show’s “Collection Drive,” benefitting the Ronald McDonald House of South Florida Charities, which will offer an interactive, family-friendly art activity.
The Miami Home Design and Remodeling Show is at the Miami Beach Convention Center, 1901 Convention Center Dr., Miami Beach.