This program is part of a series of sensory-friendly productions as part of the “All Kids Included” initiative.”
Sensory-friendly performances are designed for children with Sensory Processing and Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD), and the theater is altered to provide a sensory-friendly, comfortable space for these children and their families.
- Sensory-friendly accommodations include:
- “Going to the Show” Pre-Show Guide for teachers and parents.
- Lights remain on, but low dimmed, inside the theater.
- Comfortable volume and consistent sound levels, elimination of loud sound effects.
- Noise-canceling headphones or earplugs available upon request.
- Kids free to talk and leave their seats under parental supervision.
- “Quiet Area” (staffed by volunteer specialists).
- Volunteer specialists stationed throughout the theater to lend assistance.
- Family bathrooms (gender-neutral)
While the performance is free, seating is limited and advance tickets are suggested. Single tickets can be ordered online at www.actorsplayhouse.org. Groups of 15 or more must reserve through the box office by calling 305.444.9293.
Future sensory-friendly performances include:
- Nelson Is Missing on Oct. 19, 2013, at 11 a.m.
- Madeleine’s Christmas on Dec. 14, 2013, at 11 a.m.
- The Wizard of Oz on Feb. 22, 2014, at 11 a.m.
- Rapunzel on May 10, 2014, at 11 a.m.
- Pinocchio on July 26, 2014, at 11 a.m.