Spend two weekends learning about bizarre and unfamiliar historical events during the SoBe Arts American Play Reading Series from Friday, March 14, to Saturday, March 29, at the SoBe Institute of the Arts, 2100 Washington Ave., Miami Beach.
The five plays explore such topics as dysfunctional families, an extraordinary journey through fertile vegetation and tropical birds and monkeys surrounding an ancient tomb in a remote South American location.
Here’s the schedule:
- Concordance by John Milligan, Friday, March 14, at 8 p.m.
- The Satchel by Tom Evans, Saturday, March 15, at 8 p.m.
- Off the Map by Christine Foster, Friday, March 28, at 8 p.m.
- Making it Home by John Colgan, Saturday, March 29, at 8 p.m.
- Can’t Live Without You by Philip Middleton Williams, Sunday, March 30, at 7 p.m.
Free parking is available at a public lot off Washington Avenue between the Miami Beach Convention Center and 21st Street Recreation Center. Walk through the northeast pedestrian gate to SoBe Arts.
Call 305-674-9220 for info.