Summer vacation is here, and soon your kids may be whining “I’m bored.”
We advise you to give them a few chores to do if they can’t figure out way to entertain themselves. But, we also have some additional suggestions for Miami-Dade fun with kids on the cheap this summer.
Summer in South Florida brings free or cheap kids’ movies, the Summer Savings Pass discount for attractions and a chance for kids to bowl free. Plus, we have places like the beach, which are always free, and regular discount days at museums
Here are 24 free or cheap things for Miami-Dade kids to do this summer:
- See kids’ movies for $1 at participating Regal Cinemas.
- See kids’ movies free at Cobb Theatres.
- Earn prizes in the Miami-Dade libraries summer reading program.
- Earn a free book with Barnes & Noble kids’ reading program.
- See ‘dive-in’ movies for $5 in the pool at Grapeland Water Park.
- Visit Grapeland Water park for $5 Family Fridays.
- Visit four attractions unlimited times for one price with the Summer Savings Pass. The deal is good for Zoo Miami, the Miami Seaquarium, the Museum of Discovery and Science in Fort Lauderdale and Lion Country Safari.
- Visit seven attractions for the price of one with the new South Florida Adventure Pass. This deal is good for Everglades Alligator Farm, Flamingo Gardens, Jungle Island, Patricia and Phillip Frost Museum of Science, Pérez Art Museum Miami, Sawgrass Recreation Park and Young at Art Museum.
- Bowl free every day.
- See “Shorts 4 Kids” for 35% off.
- See a baseball game by the Miami Marlins for 50% off
- Learn to build with Legos, sculpt your own superhero and more at a children’s or teen’s program at the Miami-Dade Public Library.
- Explore Miami by bicycle on a free or cheap bike trail.
- Check out free passes for museums and attractions at the library.
- See shows for $5 or visit museums for $2.50 with Culture Shock Miami.
- Visit museums on their monthly free days.
- Enjoy Miami-Dade’s top 10 free and cheap things to do with kids.
- Experience Miami’s 10 best free and cheap things to do.
- Get 2-for-1 entry to museums and attractions in Broward.
- Take a staycation and save up to 55% on Miami attractions with the Go Miami card or visit Orlando with the Go Orlando card.
- Built something at a free workshop at Home Depot, Lowe’s or the Lego store.
- Cool off or learn to swim at a Miami-Dade park pool or at a City of Miami pool.
- Go to the beach.
- Play tourist with a discount on a Miami tour.
- Play tourist and get discounts on a Miami day cruise or other water activity.
- Take your dog to one of the Miami-Dade Dog-Friendly Parks.
- Attend a free concert, art walk, library program, movie or another Miami free event. See all the Miami free events.
- Find free and Cheap Things To Do in Miami This Week.
- Find free and Cheap Things To Do in Miami This Weekend.
If you’re still looking for ideas, our friends at Living on the Cheap have these suggestions:
- Join with other families to create your own summer camp.
- Try crafts, DIY science projects or community field trips.
- Make your own outdoor fun with DIY toys and games.
- Earn free books and prizes in summer reading programs.