It’s the first week of summer vacation, and your kids may already be whining “I’m bored.”
We advise you to give them a few chores to do if they can’t figure out way to entertain themselves. But, we also have some additional suggestions for Miami-Dade fun with kids on the cheap this summer.
Summer in South Florida brings free or cheap kids’ movies, the Summer Savings Pass discount for attractions and a chance for kids to bowl free. Plus, we have places like the beach, which are always free, and regular discount days at museums
Here are 24 free or cheap things for Miami-Dade kids to do this summer:
- See kids’ movies for $1 at participating Regal Cinemas.
- See kids’ movies free at Cobb Theatres.
- See free kids’ movies at the Paragon Grove.
- Earn prizes in the Miami-Dade libraries summer reading program.
- Earn a free book with Barnes & Noble kids’ reading program.
- Create their own projects at the free art camp at Miami Beach Botanical Garden.
- Hear their favorite books read aloud at a free story time.
- See ‘dive-in’ movies for $5 in the pool at Grapeland Water Park.
- Visit four attractions unlimited times for one price with the Savings Pass 2014. The deal is good for Zoo Miami, the Miami Seaquarium, the Museum of Discovery and Science in Fort Lauderdale and Lion Country Safari.
- Bowl free every day.
- See ‘The Amazing Adventures of Dr. Wonderful’ for $5 off
- See a baseball game by the Miami Marlins for 50% off
- Check out free passes for museums and attractions at the library.
- See shows for $5 or visit museums for $2.50 with Culture Shock Miami.
- Visit museums on their monthly free days.
- Enjoy Miami-Dade’s top 10 free and cheap things to do with kids.
- Get 2-for-1 entry to museums and attractions in Broward.
- Visit Jungle Island for 25% off with a coupon or 50% off with a deal from Living Social.
- Get free admission for kids 3 to 9 to the Miami Seaquarium on Flipper Fridays with a paying adult and a coupon.
- Take a staycation and save up to 55% on Miami attractions with the Go Miami card or visit Orlando with the Go Orlando card.
- Built something at a free workshop at Home Depot, Lowe’s or the Lego store.
- Cool off or learn to swim at a Miami-Dade park pool or at a City of Miami pool.
- Go to the beach.
- Attend a free concert, art walk, library program, movie or another Miami free event. See all the Miami free events.
If you’re still looking for ideas, our friends at Living on the Cheap have these suggestions:
- Join with other families to create your own summer camp.
- Try crafts, DIY science projects or community field trips.
- Make your own outdoor fun with DIY toys and games.
- Earn free books and prizes in summer reading programs.