On Saturday, Sept. 28, museums around the country are offering a ticket good for free admission for the holder and a guest as part of Smithsonian Magazine Museum Day.
In addition to getting free admission to museums, you can get in free to Zoo Miami.
To be admitted free, visitors must request and print out a ticket in advance. Don’t wait until the last minute because you’ll need to wait for your ticket to be delivered via e-mail. There is a limit of one free ticket per household.
Here are the participating museums in South Florida:
- Gold Coast Railroad Museum, Miami
- Coral Gables Museum, Coral Gables
- HistoryMiami, Miami
- Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU, Miami Beach
- The Ancient Spanish Monastery Museum, North Miami Beach
- The Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum Miami
- The Wolfsonian, Miami Beach
- Zoo Miami, Miami
- Art and Culture Center of Hollywood, Hollywood
- Coral Springs Museum of Art, Coral Springs
- International Swimming Hall of Fame Museum, Fort Lauderdale
- Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale, Fort Lauderdale
- The Butler House Museum, Deerfield Beach
- Boca Raton Museum of Art, Boca Raton
- Cason Cottage Historic House Museum, Delray Beach
- Norton Museum of Art, West Palm Beach
- Audubon House & Tropical Gardens, Key West
- Fort East Martello, Key West
- Harry S Truman Little White House SHS, Key West
- Key West Lighthouse and Keeper’s Quarters Museum, Key West
- Key West Tropical Forest & Botanical Garden, Key West
- Mel Fisher Maritime Museum, Key West
- The Custom House Museum, Key West
- The History of Diving Museum, Islamorada
For a list of other participating museums in Florida, click here.