Got mulch? It’s good for water conservation and feeds plants while keeping weeds down.
Miami-Dade County and the city of North Miami are providing free mulch from recycled trees, including Christmas trees, to residents while supplies last.
In North Miami, you can pick up mulch seven days a week on Northeast Fifth Avenue in front of the Pioneer Gardens property (between 137th and 138th streets). You need to bring your own shovel and containers.
The mulch from Miami-Dade County is available to customers of the county’s waste disposal system. That includes residents of unincorporated Miami-Dade County, Aventura, Cutler Bay, Doral, Miami Gardens, Miami Lakes, Palmetto Bay, Pinecrest and Sunny Isles Beach. The mulch is available from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. seven days a week at these locations:
- West Perrine: 16651 SW 107 Ave.
- Eureka Drive: 9401 SW 184 St.
- Moody Drive: 12970 SW 268 St.
- Sunset Kendall: 8000 SW 107 Ave.
- West Little River: 1830 NW 79 St.
- North Dade Landfill: 21500 NW 47 Ave.
- Golden Glades: 140 NW 160 St.
For more information, call 3-1-1.