The 2013 edition of the free Miami Made Festival is Feb. 26-March 3.
The Miami Made Festival is a free annual celebration of theater and dance works in the progress of being created by South Florida writers, actors and artists. Most of this year’s events take place at the Carnival Studio Theater at the Adrienne Arsht Center in Miami, but one event has crossed the bridge to Miami Beach.
Here’s the schedule:
- Extended Stay: Pop-up performances take on reality TV at the The Project Theatre at 9 p.m. Feb. 26-27. The event is free, no tickets required, but there is limited seating and it’s first-come, first served. The Project Theatre is at the Riviera South Beach hotel, 2000 Liberty Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139.
- Fear Up Harsh: A staged reading of a play by Christopher Demos-Brown and directed by Stuart Meltzer, which looks at the role of awards and commendations. 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 28, at the Carnival Studio Theater (in the Ziff Ballet Opera House).
- Dinner Parties (Ironic and Themed): Staged reading of a comedy-drama by Stuart Meltzer and directed by Margaret Ledford looking at marriage, faithfulness and happiness. 7:30 p.m. Friday, March 1, at the Carnival Studio Theater (in the Ziff Ballet Opera House).
- TWO-MERZ: Staged reading of a play by Mark Della Ventura, Gabe Hammad and David Michael Sirois about two brothers diagnosed with terminal cancer at the same time. It’s billed as a dark comedy. 4 p.m. Sunday, March 3, at the Carnival Studio Theater (in the Ziff Ballet Opera House).
- GOOD, GOD, GO: Directed by Letty Bassart, this performance (shown as a work in progress at the 2012 Miami Made Festival) includes, dance film, a capella singing, a marching band and a wooden installation of 50 canaries by artist Laura Luna. It’s described as an “exercise in energy, enthusiasm and endurance.” 3 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Saturday, March 2, at the Carnival Studio Theater (in the Ziff Ballet Opera House)
All the performances at the Carnival Studio Theater require free tickets, which are available starting at 10 a.m. the day of the show at the Arsht Center box office, in person only.
The Arsht Center is at 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami, FL 33132.