Before you buy medications, see if you can get them free. Publix offers a variety of prescription medications free for as long as your doctor prescribes them, 30 days’ worth at a time. Those include:
- Metformin (for diabetes).
- Lisinopril (for high blood pressure).
- Amlodipine (for high blood pressure and angina).
Publix also offers a free 14-day supply of some common antibiotics:
- Sulfamethoxazole/Trimethoprim (SMZ-TMP)
- Ciprofloxacin (excluding Ciprofloxacin XR)
- Penicillin VK
Click here to find a Publix store with a pharmacy.