The University of Florida/Miami-Dade Extension Office and the Miami-Dade Public Library System are presenting free workshops in July and August to teach residents about gardening and landscaping.
Topics will include growing an organic vegetable garden, creating a butterfly garden and more.
Here is the schedule:
- Tuesday, July 23, at 6 p.m. Orchids 101,The Basics. Shenandoah Branch, 2111 SW 19th St., Miami.
- Saturday, Aug. 3, at 11 a.m. Plants that Attract Wildlife. Kendall Branch, 9101 SW 97th Ave.
- Tuesday, Aug. 6, at 6 p.m. Orchids 911, Diseases and Insects. Shenandoah Branch. 2111 SW 19th St., Miami.
- Wednesday, Aug. 7, at 7 p.m. Organic Vegetable Gardening. West Kendall Regional Library, 10201 Hammocks Blvd.
- Saturday, Aug. 24, at 4:30 p.m. Butterfly Gardening, Kendale Lakes Branch, 15205 SW 88 St.
For more information, call 305-248-3311.