If you want to take the kids to hunt for colored eggs and see the Easter bunny, you can find free and cheap Easter photos, egg hunts and meals all over Miami-Dade County. Here’s what we have found.
Photos with the Easter bunny:
- Now-March 26: The Bunny Photo Experience, sponsored by Gymboree and Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital, in Center Court of Dadeland Mall, 7535 N Kendall Dr, Miami, FL 33156.
- Now-March 26: The Bunny Photo Experience at the Bunny Cottage in Center Court of The Falls Shopping Center, 8888 SW 136th St, Miami, FL 33176.
- March 11-26: The Bunny Photo Experience will be in Center Court at Miami International Mall, 1455 NW 107th Ave, Doral, FL 33172.
- March 23-26: The Easter Bunny and his pals have been hard at work decorating the Mall of the Americas, 7795 W Flagler St, Miami, FL 33144, for Spring and will be on board their hot air balloon for photo sessions. Times vary by day. (305) 264-7766.
- Now through March 26: Photos with the Easter bunny at Bunnyville in the Dolphin Mall, 11401 NW 12th St., Miami, FL 33172.
Easter egg hunts:
- 2-4 pm: Dadeland Mall will host an Easter Egg hunt in Center Court. The egg-citing activity will feature crafts, games and activities. Additionally, participants will receive a special Easter keepsake to take home.
- 3-5 pm: Kidgits Easter Eggstravaganza and Egg Hunt at The Falls Shopping Center.
- 10 am-noon: Miami International Mall will host Brunch with the Easter Bunny, an interactive event that includes crafts, games and more. Additionally, participants will receive a special Easter keepsake to take home.
- 10 am-noon: Easter Egg Hunt at Cutler Ridge Park, 10100 SW 200 St., Cutler Bay, FL 33157, free. Children 9 and under can enjoy an egg hunt, photos with the Easter Bunny, the Miami Balloon Guy, a bounce house and Ivan the DJ. Drawing for winning three Easter baskets, one in each age group of the egg hunt.
March 12-13, 19-20, 25-27:
- Easter at Pinto’s Farm, 14890 SW 216th St., Miami, FL 33170. Times vary. Admission tickets are currently up to 45% off on the website. Free parking. Admission includes egg hunt, paddle boat rides, hay rides, pony rides, race track and children’s zoo.
- Dadeland Mall will host Caring Bunny, an event that offers families with children with special needs a subdued environment to participate in the Bunny Photo Experience. Shoppers can register online at simon.com.
- 6-8:30 pm: The Easter Bunny is hopping on down to Harris Field, 1034 NE 8th St., Homestead, FL 33030 for the annual Easter Egg Hunt. Plus, a petting zoo, crafts, food, climbing wall, and slide. Ages 2-12. $5 tickets available at the Parks & Recreation Office,350 SE 6th Ave., Homestead, FL 33030. (305) 224-4570.
- 10 am-1 pm: Spring Eggstravaganza, 501 72nd St, Miami Beach, FL 33141., Free admission, crafts and photographs with the Bunny. Carnival rides and concessions sold. Egg Hunt for children 10 and younger. Egg Hunt for children 10 and younger at 11 am. 305-861-3616.
- 10 am-5 pm: Pinecrest Gardens’ 13th Annual Eggstravaganza includes more than 50,000 eggs at scheduled egg hunts throughout the day, prizes, face painting, balloon art, interactive games, music, arts and crafts, a petting zoo, story-telling, food and a wild life show. $5 general admission if you pay in advance and/or on-line and $7 at the gate the day of the event. 305-669-6990. Offsite parking is available at Pinecrest Elementary and Palmetto High School with free shuttle service.
- 1-4 pm: Sunset Place Easter Egg Hunt at the Shops at Sunset, 5701 Sunset Dr., South Miami, FL 33143. An egg-citing Easter Bunny Photo Set and fabulous activities near the Frontgate Courtyard, which include a hip-hoppin’ Easter egg hunt, face painting, arts & crafts, lively entertainment, raffles, a special appearance by the Easter Bunny and more. Little chicks have the chance to win special prizes if they find a golden egg. Bring your Easter basket and camera. Kids under 12 are welcome to join the fun for free with registration. 305-663-0482.
- 2-6 pm: Easter Eggstravaganza at CocoWalk, 3015 Grand Ave, Coconut Grove, FL 33133. Easter egg hunt, all bunny petting zoo, face painting, live entertainment, photos with the Easter bunny in a booth, and more. Children can participate in a hula hoop challenge, egg toss, limbo contest, and egg and spoon race for a chance to win prizes. 305-444-0777 ext. 214.
- 10:30 am-4 pm: The Mega Egg Hunt Adventure at Jungle Island features three days of continuous egg hunts, acres of bounce houses, rides, arts & crafts, music, and special appearances by the Easter bunny. Bring an Easter basket or purchase one at Jungle Island’s gift shop. Visit any participating South Florida Publix or Pet Supermarket to pick-up a $6 off admission discount coupon to Jungle Island. A portion of the proceeds will benefit Big Brothers Big Sisters. Regular park hours are from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Jungle Island is located at 1111 Parrot Jungle Trail in Miami. 305-400-7000
- 10 am-6 pm: Penguin Palooza at Miami Seaquarium features the penguins taking over Bunny Palooza, a large parade, egg hunts, visit from the Easter bunny, bounce houses and more. Save $6 on admission by entering promo code: SAVE6. The Seaquarium is at 4400 Rickenbacker Causeway, Miami, FL 33149. 305-361-5705
- Easter & Egg Hunts at Christ Fellowship. Enjoy a FREE Easter Egg Hunt, exciting games for kids, and FUN for the whole family. Visit one of the locations in Coral Gables, Downtown, Miami Springs, Palmetto Bay, Redland, and West Kendall. For times and locations, visit us at http://www.shareeaster.info
- 10 am: Coral Gables Eggstreme Egg Hunt and helicopter egg drop means children will enjoy simultaneous egg hunts at five Coral Gables parks, a helicopter egg drop at the War Memorial Youth Center, carnival, concerts, and prizes. The five parks include: War Memorial Youth Center, 405 University Dr.; Jaycee Park, 1230 Hardee Rd.; Phillips Park, 90 Menores Ave.; Salvadore Park, 1120 Andalusia Ave.; and Sunrise Harbor Park, 25 Sunrise Ave. Free.
- 1-6 pm: London’s Decor 5th Annual Easter Egg Hunt includes a bounce house, train, activities, raffles, food, and vendors. 1301 NW 83rd St., Shelter #2, Miami, FL 33147. Free.
- 10 am-3 pm: Hialeah Eggstravaganza at Goodlet Park, 4200 West 8th Ave. Free admission and parking. Activities $5-$15. Egg hunt, kids zone with rides and bounce house, bunny photo, magic egg hunt, live entertainment and food.
- 1-3 pm: Mall of the Americas Easter Celebration includes kids activities, face painting, door prizes, and music by Mix 98.3 FM. Free.
- 9:30 am: 20th Annual Marshmallow Drop in Miami Shores at the Recreation Fields, 9825 Park Dr., features thousands of marshmallows dropped from a helicopter and collected for a prize. One drop for children ages 9 and under. This event is non-competitive: You only need ONE marshmallow to receive a prize. Magic Show under the Big Tent after the drop. 305-758-8103.
- 10 am-12:30 pm: Enchanted Forest Elaine Gordon Park Spring Egg Hunt, 1725 NE 135 St., North Miami, FL, 33181, $1. Easter egg hunt, face painting, prizes, and music. For kids 12 and under. Bring a bag or basket.
- 10 am-2 pm: 14th Annual Sunny Isles Egg Scramble Egg Hunt includes games, rides, crafts and music. The event starts with the egg hunt, promptly at 10 am, where participants ages 12 and under will receive a special bag, and scramble through thousands of beach balls to collect brightly colored eggs filled with toys and candy. After the egg hunt, enjoy crafts, games music, and carnival rides. Wristbands for rides are free with a Sunny Isles Beach Resident ID Card. All others pay $5 per wristband. Visit the Spring Bunnies for a keepsake photo. Pelican Community Park, 18115 North Bay Road, Sunny Isles Beach, FL 33160.
- 11 am-2 pm: Whole Foods Market Pinecrest will be hosting a Family Day with Natural Easter Egg Dying. Families are encouraged to bring the kids for a day of Easter fun and giving. Kids will have the opportunity to dye Easter eggs naturally, using carrots, cabbage and strawberries. They will also be able to decorate their own Easter clay flower pots with their parents. Snacks and refreshments will be served.
Free and cheap Easter meals:
March 18, 4-6 pm and 6-8 pm: Join IKEA for a Traditional Swedish Easter Smörgåsbord. Celebrate Easter with an all-you-can-eat buffet and a visit from the Easter Bunny. $12.99/adult & $2.99/kids. IKEA Miami is at 1801 NW 117th Ave., Miami, FL 33172.
March 20 and March 27, 9:30-11 am: Come celebrate Easter at IKEA Miami with free breakfast for kids and a photo opportunity with the Easter Bunny. IKEA Miami is at 1801 NW 117th Ave., Miami, FL 33172.
Got a deal or event that should be here? Submit the info at the bottom of the page here.