Entry to all 392 U.S. national parks will be free Aug. 25, in honor of the birthday of the National Park Service. The deal includes Everglades National Park and Dry Tortugas National Park, off Key West.
The National Park Service also reminds us that admission to many of our national parks, including Biscayne National Park in Miami, is always free.
Photo of Everglades National Park Snake Bight Trail by the National Park Service.
These are the fee-free days at U.S. National Parks for 2014:
- Jan. 20, Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Feb. 15-17, Presidents Day weekend
- April 19-20, opening weekend of National Park Week
- Aug. 25, National Park Service Birthday
- Sept. 27, National Public Lands Day
- Nov. 11, Veterans Day