Sometimes, simple adjustments around the home are good ideas for reducing household expenses.
FPL offers tips for reducing energy, which also saves money.
- Set the thermostat at 78 degrees when you’re home, and 82 while you’re away. Make sure the fan switch is on auto.
- Use fans to keep cool, but remember to turn them off when leaving the room
- Close blinds and shades to keep heat out
- Seal windows and doors with weather stripping to avoid air escapes
- Clean or replace your air filter regularly so your air conditioner runs efficiently
- Use FPL’s free Online Home Energy Survey, which offers personalized recommendations
Tell Your Friends