As part of Art Basel 2012 and Miami Art Week, Etra Fine Art in Miami’s Design District, presents a free “Winter Group Show” exhibiting the works of: Rainer Lagemann, Christian Awe, Douglass Freed, Hunt Slonem, and Mario Velez. The free opening reception takes place on Saturday, December 8, from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. and the exhibit runs through January 11, 2013.
Encapsulating the spirit of Miami, this exhibit represents a microcosm of the variety of art presented to us at the peak of art season.
- The hollow, metal squares that Rainer Lagemann (Germany) uses to sculpt the human form – a framework of the spirit and image of the body.
- The “resurrection of color” that restores emotional drama to abstraction found in Christian Awe’s (Berlin) paintings.
- Landscapes by Douglass Freed (US) who names his paintings “structures” where shapes are fitted together to create a coherent whole.
- Works of internationally renowned American artist Hunt Slonem who experiments with a unique method of cross-hatching to texturize his works.
- Colombian artist Mario Velez, a minimalist artist who has been greatly inspired by the Bauhaus approach to design.
Gallery Hours: Tuesday to Saturday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Other hours available by appointment. Click here for the Facebook Event Page.
For more information email Stefano@etrafineart.com or visit www.etrafineart.com.
Etra Fine Art, 50 NE 40 St., Miami, 33137. Tel: (305) 438-4383