Explore a whole new world of fluttering colors in the Wings of the Tropics exhibit and Science Village opening December 1 at Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden. Eco-discount: Walk, ride your bike or take public transportation to Fairchild and receive $5 off regular adult admissions and $2 off children’s admissions. Discount for Military Personnel: Fairchild offers active military personnel free admission. Military IDs required.
Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden’s state-of-the-art DiMare Science Village, covers more than 25,000 square feet and features five buildings including the The Clinton Family Conservatory’s Wings of the Tropics Exhibit, Glass House Café, Windows to the Tropics Conservatory, The Whitman Tropical Fruit Pavilion and the Kushlan Tropical Science Institute.
- Butterfly releases daily
- More than 40 species of exotic butterflies
- Butterfly-themed walking tour
- Kids’ activities, make-your-own butterfly mask and more
- Enjoy a bite in the brand new Glass House Café
- Hummingbirds, orchids, fish and more
- This year’s Art at Fairchild exhibition is open
Admission: $25 for adults, $18 for seniors 65 and up and $12 for children 6-17. Garden Hours 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden, 10901 Old Cutler Road Coral Gables, 33156. Tel (305) 667-1651.