Celebrate all things Cuban with a nostalgic nod to the times of yesteryear at the 19th annual CubaNostalgia event at Tamiami Park from May 19-21. The event coincides with May 20, Cuban Independence Day.
- Vintage cars: Guests will have a chance to transport themselves to the streets of Cuba where ’40s and ’50s classic cars are still cruising about. It’s a chance to see some American classics just as they have been roaming around the island for the last sixty years. It’s the 2017 theme.
- World-famous music and dance including cha-cha-cha, conga, danzon and rumba.
- Take pictures in recreated environments of the Malecón in Havana and enjoy the rhythm of the Santiaguera street dance troupe as well as participate in dance competitions and cooking lessons.
- Buy old records, Cuban films from the 50’s, Cuban stamps, old books, memorable T-shirts, Guayabera shirts, Cuban baseball items and more.
- Cuban food and drinks, including pan con lechon, croquetas, Cuba Libre alcoholic drinks, and more for purchase.
Tickets are $12 for adults and $6 for children under 12 years. Free parking for the first 3,000 cars.