People seem to think that dating needs to be expensive. We at Miami on the Cheap feel that this does not need to be so.
Miami has a few things to make sure your dates are not only romantic, but also friendly on your budget. Below you’ll find our roundup of always free and cheap date ideas.
- The Wolfsonian. The Wolfsonian museum has free entry every Friday night from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. The Wolfsonian is located at 1001 Washington Ave. Miami Beach, FL 33139
- Art Walks. Miami has art walks taking place all over the city. In fact, there’s a high chance you’ll find an art event every weekend. Popular art walks include Wynwood, Design District, Coral Gables, Bird Road and South Miami.
- Perez Art Museum. PAMM offers free admission every first Thursday and second Saturday of the month. The museum is located at 1103 Biscayne Blvd., Miami, FL 33132.
- New World Symphony Free Concert Series. The New World Symphony offers free community concerts featuring some of their best talent. These concerts take place about once a month. For a full schedule visit their events calendar.
- Free jazz at MOCA. The Museum of Contemporary Art in North Miami has a free jazz concert every last Friday of the month. Admission to the museum during this event is by donation. MOCA is located at 770 NE 125th Street, North Miami, Florida 33161
- Winter and Spring concerts. Miami also has a wide array of outdoor concerts that take place during the winter and spring months. Some of these concerts include Noches Tropicales, Miami Beach Arts in the Park and free jazz at MDC.
- Free movies at SoundScape. The SoundScape cinema series screens films on a 7,000 square foot projection wall at the New World Center’s ExoStage. This is located on Miami Beach at the corner of Washington Avenue and 17th Street. Movies usually take place on Wednesdays. You can see a full schedule of upcoming screenings here.
- Vintage films at Actor’s Playhouse. Enjoy vintage film screenings once a month at Actor’s Playhouse. This takes place at the Miracle Theater 280 Miracle Mile, Coral Gables, Florida 33134. Although the event is free you need tickets to attend. Click here to see a full schedule of upcoming events.
We have many beautiful parks all over the city, but one in particular is great for dates: South Pointe Park on Miami Beach. It’s open as late as 2 a.m., has great views (including an observation deck and views of the bay by Fisher Island) and is wonderful for both daytime and nighttime dates. South Pointe Park is located at 1 Washington Ave. Miami Beach, FL 33139.
Know of anyone looking for date ideas? Send this post to them in an email or use the social media buttons below this post.
Have any other free or cheap date ideas? Share with us in the comments below!