We’ve found a few discount tickets for some big shows coming to Miami in the next few months: Alicia Keys, Alejandro Sanz, “Memphis” and “Priscilla Queen of the Desert.” Through ScoreBig, which works with venues to sell off excess tickets, we’ve found a way to see two concerts and two touring Broadway shows for 35% off, if you’re a new ScoreBig customer.
ScoreBig is offering these tickets for a minimum 10% off. But with discount code SPRING35, new customers can get a minimum 35% off tickets, up to a total price of $300. The promo code can be used only once per customer.
These are the deals:
Alicia Keys: 8 p.m. Saturday, March 23, at the American Airlines arena. Seats on the upper tiers on the sides, normally price at $70.54, are going for 10% off, which would be $65. With the promo code SPRING35, you can get those seats for $45.85.
Alejandro Sanz: 8 p.m. Thursday, May 9, at the American Airlines Arena. Seats on the upper tiers on the sides and the middle tier facing the stage, normally $52.46, are being offered for 10% off, which would be $47.23. With the promo code SPRING35, you can get those seats for $32.80.
“Memphis”: 2 p.m. May 11 at the Adrienne Arsht center. Seats in the orchestra circle and boxes (don’t pick the boxes because sightlines are limited), normally $90.88, are going for 10% off, which is $81.80. With the promo code SPRING35, you can get those seats for $59.07. (I saw this on Broadway, and it is a fabulous show.)
“Priscilla Queen of the Desert”: 2 p.m. Saturday, April 6, at the Adrienne Arsht center. Orchestra and orchestra circle seats, which are normally $90.88, are going for 10% off, which is $81.80. With the promo code SPRING35, you can get those seats for $59.07.
ScoreBig can be a bit tricky to use. It works a little like Priceline. You name your own price, and ScoreBig tells you whether it’s accepted. The company tells you upfront what discount is likely.
Offerings change frequently, so these deals may disappear in a few days, or other tickets for the same events may become available.
Here’s how ScoreBig works:
- Sign up (it’s FREE).
- Select the event you want and where you want to sit (sometimes it takes a few minutes for the available seating areas to be highlighted). You choose a section, but not the exact site.
- Name how much you are willing to pay. You’ll have to enter your credit card information here. This is where you add the promo code. If you have a promo code for 35% off, bid 35% off.
- If your bid is accepted, you’re notified instantly. If your bid is rejected, you can place a new bid.
- Sometimes you’ll get a counter offer, which you are free to accept or reject.
- No additional fees are added. The amount of your accepted offer is what you pay.
In South Florida, ScoreBig has lots of discount sports ticket. Click here to see all the current Miami deals, including deals for 25% to 50% off the Florida Panthers, Florida Marlins and Miami Heat.