Just the thought of a Cuban cafecito makes my mouth water. Celebrate the official 305 Day with a block party presented by Starbucks Doubleshot Espresso as part of the Jameson #HialeahNow event series. As founders of Miami’s official coffee break time at 3:05 p.m., the organizers began celebrating March 5 as “305 Day” in 2013.
This free family-friendly outdoor block party will celebrate all things Miami. Celebrate cafecito and community as they unveil new murals in the Leah Arts District, 1501 E. 1oth Ave., in Hialeah.
Hosted by Lucy Lopez, activities include:
- Local vendors by Thifter
- 305’s best food trucks: Unbranded Brewery, Holycow Grill, Ms Cheezious, Empanadas with Love, Cheeseburger Baby, Zombie Ice, Surf and Turf, Cuban Guys, Instacream Nitrogen Ice Cream, Little Snokyo (Thrifter Market)
- Free pastelitos and croquetas by Vicky Bakery
- Live performance by Otto Von Schirach
- Live painting by Marlon Pruz
- Live music by Cortadito
- Sets by DJs LAZ, JLM, Sharpsound; OSCAR G with Oba Frank Lords; and Mr. Manuvers